Sunday, August 11, 2024

Sunday Post #260

 


The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer book blog, and is a post to recap my bookish and non-bookish things from the last week. I'm also linking up to The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance @Readerbuzz.

We've been down in Southern California visiting and helping our son and DIL with their 19 month old and newborn. We're on our way home to Northern California right now. It was nice to see the little ones and visit with everyone. We took our 19 month old grandson to the park and then to lunch to keep him occupied. He's happy as long as he has activity, lol! They're very busy at that age. 

We met a woman from France who brought her six year-old daughter to play at the park. She was speaking French with her and so we started up a conversation after I asked her about it. We had fun talking about all the places we visited (Loire Valley, Burgundy, Lyon, Bordeaux, Paris) and the places she's enjoyed visiting in California. She and her husband moved to California for her husband's work and she loves it here. There are things I don't like about California, (cost of living and wildfire dangers) but I'd miss being relatively close to the ocean and mountains. 

Peanut loves laying on the porch in the heat!

My zinnias starting to bloom! I planted them from seed, along 300ft of fence.

Read:


The Scenic Route (Beneath the Wild Sky #1) by Katie Ruggle: 3.5 Stars
Twelve Secrets (Ben Harper #1) by Robert Gold: 3 Stars

Received:


I realized I didn't list this back in January (yep, I'm behind) when I received it, but I'm listening to it now and it's good! Thank you to Blackstone Publishing!

Instagram:






How was your week?




22 comments:

  1. Oh I love the little ones, babies and almost toddlers! There are other places which have ocean and mountains. They are both pretty close for me in North Carolina. I have The Scenic Route from the library and hope to get to it soon.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. North Carolina would be a place I'd consider if I was going to move. Right now we have to stay here because of my husband's work.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you were able to spend time with your grandchildren. How wonderful to have a new one in the family.

    It's great to see how much you enjoyed Agony Hill. Maybe I will look for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was! I hope you enjoy it if you decide to pick it up, Deb!

      Delete
  3. Always nice to visit with family. Glad you had a good trip. Hope you made it home safely. If I come back after my death, I hope it's as a cat. They really are living the dream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sam! Yes they do have a nice life! Especially Peanut!

      Delete
  4. I grew up in California and I miss the beaches something awful. I also miss being able to drive to the different forests in a couple of hours. Cost of living there is crazy but it's getting expensive to live in Las Vegas now too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Northern Beaches the most, like Cambria, Mendocino, and Trinidad. So pretty! Yes, I've heard Las Vegas costs have risen. It's hard to find anywhere affordable these days. :/

      Delete
  5. Babies are so much fun. It’s great that you have two of them to enjoy.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The zinnias are pretty! I'd love to plant some of those if I did that kind of thing. I love that Peanut is laying outside. Does he roam around outside? Hope you have a nice week!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love zinnias and they do well in the heat, and last for a long time. He does run around outside during the day. He comes in at night and we block our cat door. He doesn't like being out at night even if we didn't. He's very cautious.

      Delete
  7. Your kitty looks so happy and comfy!! I want to pet him. LOL.

    I have an 18 month old niece - and yes, she is super busy all the time too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad the visit went great and new grandbaby and older brother are good. Peanut and the zinnias are flourishing. :)

    Have a great week, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those Zinnias along the fence are going to be so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice photos & flowers. I'm glad you had a good trip to SoCal visiting your grandchild. I will be headed to SoCal on Friday to visit my father for about 10 days. I'm sure it'll be hot and I hope for no more big fires or earthquakes while there. Sure it'll be good to be home. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good of you helping out
    Those zinnias are pretty

    ReplyDelete
  12. We were in California just last summer and the landscape is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a nice encounter with the woman in the park. :) I enjoy visiting other countries but I don't know that I'd ever want to make a permanent move. Good thing she loves where she is at!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you had a great visit with your family. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sounds like you had a wonderful visit with your family and go to enjoy the little ones. I am intrigued by Agony Hill, I am going to have to check out your review. I hope you have a great week, Rachel.

    ReplyDelete