Monday, August 26, 2024

Top Ten Tuesday: Planes, Trains & Automobiles/Books Featuring Travel

 

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Artsy Reader where each week they post a new top ten list and ask fellow bookish folk to share their lists on that topic. 

Hello! I was in Austin, Texas visiting family so I've been a bit MIA. 

I missed Planes, Trains & Automobiles/Books Featuring Travel a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't come up with anything for this weeks topic so here we go:

Automobiles:
(click on covers for Goodreads link)
The Road Trip by Beth O'Leary
In Honor by Jessi Kirby
Off the Map by Trish Doller

This was an angsty second change romance with some laugh-out-loud moments! 

I read this back in 2012! Young Adult romance. A road trip taken "in honor" of her brother killed in action.

Immediate chemistry in this romance and a fun, impulsive road trip!


Trains:

The Sweet Blue Distance by Sara Donati
Everyone on This Train is a Suspect by Benjamin Stevenson
Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie

This was actually travel by train, wagon train, stagecoach and horseback. An epic adventure I won't forget!

This was a fun mystery with a lot of clever humor and a bit of romance.

A favorite classic! I've read this many times over the years!

Boats:

Float Plan by Trish Doller
The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
Going Dark by Monica McCarty

Sooo good! Overcoming grief and finding love while navigating the tumultuous sea! It was intense in spots! 

A solid, atmospheric mystery.

Loved this romantic suspense/thriller series! Most of this one takes place on a boat.

Planes & Cable Car 

Drowning by T.J. Newman
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
The Drift by C.J. Tudor

Took place on a plane, but at the bottom of the ocean! Intense and oh-so-good!

Young Adult romance that takes place mostly on a plane. I read it back in 2011. I think they're making it into a movie?

A riveting, atmospheric thriller that was kind of out there! A lot took place in a cable car high off the ground.

Went a little over ten!


Have you read any of these?




20 comments:

  1. You did well in coming up with all these wonderful books featuring modes of travel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Murder on the Orient Express was a super popular pick when this topic was done a few weeks ago!

    Here is my Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a fun TTT to do. I put Float Plan, Drowning and Murder on the Orient Express on my list, too. But I forgot about Off the Map. I liked that book, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only read the Agatha Christie and TJ Neuman books but there are other I would really like to read. Ruth Ware, Beth O'Leary and CJ Tudor for some.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had some mixed reactions to the Ruth Ware and CJ Tudor books, but they were page-turners! Loved the Beth O'Leary but I think people either love her books or hate them. They're pretty emotional. Would love to hear your thoughts!

      Delete
  6. A great collection of covers! I hope you enjoyed your time with your family.
    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/who-am-i-ten-books-that-offer-insight/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job :) I always have such a hard time finding things for things like ths

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read half of these, all excellent choices. Off the Map was an especially fun road trip. I thought Doller showed me so interesting "off the map" places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sam! I loved the travel we experienced through Off the Map!

      Delete
  9. A fun theme. Travel books are great. I've enjoyed several of those, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list, Rachel. I enjoyed this top ten when I put mine together. I was intrigued by The Sweet Blue Distance, but 800 pages scares me a bit. I will add it to my TBR for now, but will see. I have read several of these and they are great picks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd like to go back and read The Woman in Cabin 10 ... I hear it's coming out as a movie with Keira Knightley in a year or so. The plane ones are a little too close to read lol.

    ReplyDelete