Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Review: One Week Girlfriend (Drew+Fable #1) by Monica Murphy


One Week Girlfriend (Drew + Fable, #1)
 
 
 
Publication Date: January 10th 2013
Purchase Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
About the Book: Temporary. That one single word best describes my life these last few years. I’m working at a temporary job until I can finally break free. I’m my little brother’s temporary mother since our mom doesn’t give a crap about either of us. And I’m that temporary girl all the guys want to get with because I give it up so easily. According to the rumors, at least.

But now I’m the temporary girlfriend of Drew Callahan, college football legend and all around golden guy. He’s beautiful, sweet—and he’s hiding way more secrets than I am. He’s brought me into this fake life where everyone seems to hate me. And everyone seems to want something from him. The only thing he seems to want though is…

Me.

I don’t know what to believe anymore. All I know is, I think Drew needs me. And I want to be there for him.


My Thoughts:
One Week Girlfriend knocked me off my feet! I totally fell in love with this emotional and heart-wrenching story!

Drew pays Fable to be his fake girlfriend for the week of Thanksgiving, a week he must spend at home. He needs Fable for protection but as a reader you don’t know why. Fable agrees because she can barely make ends meet working as a barmaid. She needs the money. She has a poor excuse of a mother, and a teenage brother to take care of. She knows Drew made this proposition because she has a reputation of being easy, a reputation she doesn’t fight, but it’s not deserved, and it cuts her that this is the reason he’s picked her. She’s seen Drew at the bar before with his college mates and knows his type, entitled and used to getting what he wants, girls being no exception. Or so she thinks.

Turns out Drew and Fable both have preconceived ideas about each other that are very wrong. Spending the week together they slowly realize this and begin to lean on each other, confide in one another, and connect emotionally:

Drew reaches out and grabs hold of my hand again and when I look up at him, he smiles at me in the darkness. I have this sudden sense that it’s the two of us against the world.

Mental and emotional connections are always so much more powerful than physical ones, IMO, but with Drew and Fable they have it all:

We’re only two days into this fake relationship crap and this is where we’re at, wrapped around each other like pretzels and hoping like hell we don’t have to let go of each other any time soon.—Drew

One thing they don’t have going for them is the demons that Drew has to fight. Trust me when I say they are ugly and fill me with murderous thoughts!! It won’t take you long to put two and two together to figure out what happened, but it will stun you and make you sick for poor Drew! Fable realizes that something really awful has happened to him to damage him so, and she’s determined to stick by his side and help him through.

Monica Murphy managed to write a story made me swoon, ache and enrage me at the same time!! It’s one of those reads you don’t want to put down! And, oh, that ending! It’s not a cliff but it’s definitely NOT where I want things to end. I’m writing this itching to click over to purchase and load Second Chance Boyfriend so I can get my Drew and Fable HEA! *runs off to buy*


Favorite Quotes:  These are spoilers!




5 Suns
 
 
 
 
 
 

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment