Sunday, September 1, 2024

Sunday Post #262

 


The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer book blog, and is a post to recap my bookish and non-bookish things from the last week. I'm also linking up to The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance @Readerbuzz.

I'm in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho for the holiday weekend. It's the first time I've been to Idaho and it's beautiful!

I haven't had much time for reading since we were in Austin last weekend. It's been a busy few weeks for us. We'll be returning home from Idaho on Monday. 

Read:
(Two weeks worth of reading)


On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta:5 Stars
Toward the Dawn by Mary Connealy: 4 Stars
The Spy Coast by Tess Gerritsen: 4.5 Stars
The Banned Books Club by Brenda Novak: 5 Stars
Under the Surface by Diana Urban: 3.5 Stars

On the Jellicoe Road was a re-read by audio for me. I loved it still 13 years after my original read through. The Spy Coast was my first time reading Tess Gerritsen and it won't be my last! Really good! I picked up The Banned Books Club on the plane ride back from Austin, TX this last Sunday after starting and stopping several books I couldn't get into. It was so good! 

Received/Purchased/Library Lend:


Thank you to Minotaur Books, Thomas & Mercer, and Macmillan Audio!

Instagram:





How was your week?




25 comments:

  1. Enjoy Idaho my friend.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are enjoying Idaho's beauty. I still need to read Tess Gerritson. I have that book from Prime First Reads I think. It's nice to be home sometimes.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Idaho is pretty! I totally agree, sometimes it's nice to be home! I hope you enjoy The Spy Coast, Anne!

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your weekend in Idaho. It is a pretty state. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pretty state! I'm happy we had the chance to come. It was a last minute trip.

      Delete
  4. Idaho seems very mysterious! I was in one part of the state and visited a very interesting Indian reservation a few years ago.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm only visiting the West part, but I was surprised to find out they have two time zones!

      Delete
  5. I've heard so many good things about Jellicoe Road for many years, but I still haven't read it. Maybe I need to put it on my list.

    Idaho looks like a gorgeous place. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are going so many wonderful places. Glad to hear you are enjoying your travels, and I hope you have a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear Under the Surface was only 3.5 stars for you, but I definitely saw some issues myself when I read it. I don't think I've ever been to Idaho, it is beautiful though! Enjoy your trip! Have a great week!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
  8. Couer d'Alene is on my list of places to stay. Glad you loved it. I thought that Brenda Novak looked good, too.

    Have a good week, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get out there sometime! It was beautiful! The Banned Books Club was fantastic! I hope you get to it. You, too, Sophia!

      Delete
  9. Oooh! Idaho looks so beautiful! Hope you have a fun time there!

    Here’s my Sunday Post and The Sunday Watch

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never been to Idaho, but my daughter was in Coeur d'Alene last year and couldn't get over how beautiful it was! Hope you're enjoying your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was gorgeous! I'm sure we'll go back. Thank you! We did!

      Delete
  11. I've never been to Idaho but it does look nice. Have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photo of Idaho. I hope you are enjoying it! My sister has a place in Ketchum, ID, so I have been a few times and love it. Do you know people in Coeur d'Alene? Much nature to behold, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, don't know anyone there, but my son-in-law is a golfer and has been to the community a few times and wanted all the family to go. The place was gorgeous and we had a fun time on the lake! Thank you! I'm sure we'll be back.

      Delete
  13. It looks great 😁
    And in two weeks you read what I did in a month 😉

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blog header is gorgeous! Hope you have a good time, Idaho is a state I've never visited but am interested.

    It's Tina here, visiting from Sunday Salon :-)

    ReplyDelete