Friday, March 10, 2023

Review: Off the Map by Trish Doller

 

Off the Map by Trish Doller
Publication Date: March 7th 2023 by St. Martin's Griffin & Macmillan Audio
Pages: 272
Audio Book Length: 6hrs 37min
Narrator: Sarah Naughton
Source: Publishers
Rating: 
Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo Audible | Goodreads

My Thoughts:
Carla Black has traveled all over the world, so when her best friend, Anna decides to get married in Ireland and asks Carla to be the maid of honor, she doesn’t blink an eye. She’s to meet Eamon Sullivan, Keane’s handsome brother, to hitch a ride with him to the wedding. As soon as they meet there’s an immediate connection, talking, bonding, and physical attraction!

Eamon Sullivan has dreams of traveling around but has never got around to it, so when Carla suggests they take a detour and check out some of the sites he’s longed to visit they end up on a road/camping trip that changes both of them. Carla starts to reconsider her resolve to make no permanent attachments and Eamon takes a hard look at his stationary life. Each have some personal issues to sort out.

Off the Map was a delight from beginning to end! Carla and Eamon’s immediate chemistry was palpable, and I felt part of their personal journey and travels: the beauty, the bumps in the road and the growing attachment they feel. I rooted for their HEA all the way! 

Loved catching up with Anna and Keane from Float Plan, too! It was a lovely sort of epilogue to their story!

I alternately listened to an audio copy and read an e-copy of Off the Map. I highly recommend the audio narrated beautifully by Sarah Naughton! She has a pleasing voice and she performed both American and Irish accents well! I listened at my usual 1.5x normal speed.

4 Stars


Book Description:

On the road to love, you don't need a GPS...

Carla Black’s life motto is “here for a good time, not for a long time.” She’s been travelling the world on her own in her vintage Jeep Wrangler for nearly a decade, stopping only long enough to replenish her adventure fund. She doesn’t do love and she doesn’t ever go home.

Eamon Sullivan is a modern-day cartographer who creates digital maps. His work helps people find their way, but he’s the one who’s lost his sense of direction. He’s unhappy at work, recently dumped, and his one big dream is stalled out—literally.

Fate throws them together when Carla arrives in Dublin for her best friend’s wedding and Eamon is tasked with picking her up from the airport. But what should be a simple drive across Ireland quickly becomes complicated with chemistry-filled detours, unexpected feelings, and a chance at love - if only they choose it.



12 comments:

  1. Sounds fun as I love a road trip with spontaneous choices. (although I am likely to have researched the details of the options to death.)

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so good. I might like it too. Glad to see you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Anna and Keane so much in Float Plan! And The Suite Spot was equally fun. I can't wait to read this one. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're review twins today. I loved this book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt the same as you. I know some readers thought they got together too quickly, but it fit Carla's nature and her tendency towards flings. The fact that it ran deeper was the cherry on top, and that storyline with her dad - both warmed and broke my heart. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it fit well with her character too and I'm a firm believer that sometimes you meet someone and it just clicks!

      Delete
  6. I love listening to irish accents, and yes they need to be done well

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed this one! So much so, that I went back and read the first two after finishing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds fun. Glad you liked it. I haven't seen this book around, but I'm intrigued now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review, Rachel. I just finished this one yesterday and really enjoyed it. I loved the personal growth they both go through.

    ReplyDelete