Sunday, September 22, 2024

Sunday Post #265

 


The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer book blog, and is a post to recap my bookish and non-bookish things from the last week. I'm also linking up to The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance @Readerbuzz.

Well, it's officially fall! The weather was cold and we had some rain and a pretty rainbow, but it's heated up a bit again with temps in the 80s. Still, with the shorter days and the change of position of the sun it doesn't feel that hot. 



Peanut's napping positions crack me up!

The peach tree we planted in the spring didn't survive so we bought another as well as a couple of Leland Cypress to replace the two that didn't make it from last fall. Got those planted and then went out and cut a bunch of zinnias to make a flower arrangement to take to dinner at a friend's house. We had a nice dinner at their house and had fun catching up. 


Zinnias and salvia from the garden

I was called off from work on Wednesday, because a cardiologist called out and therefore some of the scheduled tests couldn't happen. I'm not sure how many days I'll get in November (I already have October days scheduled). I'm per diem since moving up here because I didn't want to commit to a set schedule. So far it's worked out. We'll see how it goes.

Read:
(Click on cover for Goodreads link)

A Beach House Beginning by RaeAnne Thayne: 5 Stars
Break Every Rule by Brian Freeman: 4.5 Stars

I didn't read as much as I hoped, but I loved what I read. A Beach House Beginning was the part of The Women of Brambleberry House, a series I've enjoyed. It was such a heartwarming, slow build friendship/romance! The setting of Cannon Beach was wonderful as I love the place and could picture the location easily! Break Every Rule was action-packed and so good! My Vampire Plus-One was a fun, silly romance.

Received:


Thank you to Canary Street Press and Atria Books!

Instagram:




How was your week?



21 comments:

  1. I love the look of those Christmassy reads! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Morgan and Thayne's books so I'm really looking forward to them. Thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. Pretty, I love your flowers! You are reading many different things than me right now. We've got south winds this week, so more humidity and this weekend got to near 90.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Usually we're reading a lot of the same books. We are getting 90 degree weather on Monday and Tuesday. Hopefully that's the end of that with fall here.

      Delete
  3. The flower arrangement is beautiful!! I am ready for it to cool down here. Sadly, we have been in the upper 80's to low 90's with 0 rain for months. I'm over it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We're having some warmer weather and haven't had much rain except for a couple of days ago. Let's hope that changes now that fall is officially here.

      Delete
  4. Oh, those zinnias are beautiful. Wish we could grow those here.

    My Vampire Plus-One sounds like great fun. I'll take a look at your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zinnias won't grow in your area? They seem to do really well in the heat. It was a fun read!

      Delete
  5. I love the zinnias. So colorful. Every year I vow to plant a lot of them and then I only end up with a small pot. Not enough to cut. Jealous!

    My Sunday Salon: https://headfullofbooks.blogspot.com/2024/09/sunday-salon-wonderful-week.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered a bunch of seeds and actually planted them this year. With the results I had I'm going to plant a bunch more next year. They're such a wonderful cutting flower!

      Delete
  6. Love the rainbow, cat, and beautiful flowers!

    I've enjoyed every Thayne book I've read, might check out A Beach House Beginning and The December Market. Also might add The Holiday Cottage because I've decided to read some Christmas books in December.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a beautiful day
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh Rachel, your cat napping position is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too bad about the trees not making it. Hopefully the replants will survive. Peanut is a crack up. My cats sprawl in silly positions for their naps, too. Pretty zinnia arrangement. Yay, Christmas books in this haul.

    Have a good week, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Peanut looks pretty stretched out! What a wonderful rainbow (good luck!) and those zinnias so nice & colorful. They go right with the book cover!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you've got some reviews I need to read! Love the flowers. The rainbow is beautiful! We had some fall weather, but then a couple days almost 80 degrees again. Hope you've had a good week.

    ReplyDelete