Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Review: Crazy Stupid Romance by Lyssa Kay Adams

 

Crazy Stupid Bromance (Book Bromance Club #3) by Lyssa Kay Adams
Publication Date: October 27th 2020 by Berkley
Pages: 352
Source: Publisher
Rating: ½ 
Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | Goodreads

My Thoughts:
Noah and Alexis become fast friends after Noah helps nail the man who sexually harassed Alexis and a whole string of women. Now as best friends they confide and rely on each other, and secretly crush on each other. Both are afraid to ruin the special bond they have. Noah worries that Alexis has put him firmly in the friend zone and Alexis has no clue that he feels anything romantic for her.

However, a moment of emotional vulnerability lowers their defenses to the point where the desire they continuously feel for each other leaks out, exposed for the other to see. From that point on their relationship shifts, becomes passionate and heated, and I was oh-so-happy for these two! As this all unfolds, Alexis deals with a family situation that throws her for a loop. She has an important decision thrust at her and it shakes both her and Noah up.

Crazy Stupid Bromance was a truly multi-layered story with Noah and Alexis’ romance at the center. Unrequited love is a favorite troupe, and the pent-up longing from afar they each felt led to a passionate payoff!

I have to say that I liked the animals in the last book a little better, Randy the homicidal (and “randy”) rooster cracked me the heck up, whereas I found Beefcake, the murderous cat, less entertaining. Still, any animal hijinks is a win for me.

Crazy Stupid Bromance is my favorite of the three books, just by a hair, mainly because Alexis was very likeable and relatable while Liz and Thea tested my patience a few times in the last two books. All were fun, though. This series is fun and flirty, with lots of laugh-out-loud humor, but also deals with more weighty issues with just the right balance for a satisfying, feel-good read!

4.5 Suns


About the book:
Alexis Carlisle and her cat café, ToeBeans, have shot to fame after she came forward as a victim of a celebrity chef’s sexual harassment. When a new customer approaches to confide in her, the last thing Alexis expects is for the woman to claim they’re sisters. Unsure what to do, Alexis turns to the only man she trusts—her best friend, Noah Logan.

Computer genius Noah left his rebellious teenage hacker past behind to become a computer security expert. Now he only uses his old skills for the right cause. But Noah’s got a secret: He’s madly in love with Alexis. When she asks for his help, he wonders if the timing will ever be right to confess his crush.

Noah’s pals in The Bromance Book Club are more than willing to share their beloved “manuals” to help him go from bud to boyfriend. But he must decide if telling the truth is worth risking the best friendship he’s ever had.

A hacktivist and a cat café owner decode the friend zone in this romantic comedy from the author of Undercover Bromance.

16 comments:

  1. I had nothing but love for Beefcake. We were kindred spirits. Friends to lovers is a favorite trope of mine, so I loved that, but as always, my favorite parts were the Bromantic ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, too, but Randy the Rooster's antics made me laugh just a little more. :)

      Delete
  2. Aww, I liked Beefcake but yes the Randy was unique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Beefcake, he just wasn't quite as entertaining as crazy Randy the Rooster. :)

      Delete
  3. Glad to see you loved it. I'm hoping to squeeze it in this month, too. Love this series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. They are a lot of fun! I hope you pick them up someday. :)

      Delete
  5. Animal hijinks is the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you loved this one! And hooray for it being your favorite of the series (so far). Extra thumbs up for Alexis being so likable. I never progressed past the first book because I found I really didn’t care for Adams’ female characters. (I was barely lukewarm about Thea and truly disliked Liv.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz is much more likeable in the second book. I couldn't stand her in the first book. Plus, you can't miss out on Randy the Rooster! This one is my favorite so far, though. :)

      Delete
  7. How fun this is your favorite of the three! I still need to read the first book, but I DO own it.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun series, Lauren. Hope you get some time to read it. :)

      Delete
  8. This series is so great!! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent review! I think this series just gets better and better.


    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete