Thursday, March 4, 2021

My Favorite Non-Review Books for February 2021

As a blogger sometimes writing reviews can feel like a chore so it seems I rarely write reviews for non-review books anymore. I feel bad about that, because it's not that I didn't enjoy them less than the books I review here, just that I don't have the time or energy to write a review for each and every book I read. I thought it would be nice to list my favorite non-review books each month to bring more attention to them.

Here are my February 2021 favorites:



I did actually post a review for this one even though it wasn't a review book. Such a powerful, riveting read! 5 stars all the way! The audio was superb! 



I read this as part of Anne's at Books of my Heart read-along. She's hosting a series read-along to run through 2021 along with giveaways. I had read the first book a couple of years back and then I started reading the spin-off series when offered by the publisher, but I never got back to reading the original series in order. Now I'm working my way through. 

Loving the Psy-Changeling world! A little mystery, danger, and a lot of opposites attract romances when shifters and Psy fall in love.  Angela Dawe is an excellent narrator and perfect for this series!



My husband and I have driven back and forth from Southern California to Central and Northern California a lot this last month! Since I knew I'd be reading the newest Alpha and Omega (Wild Sign) I thought I'd re-read (listen) to the series again for the third time. We've managed to listen through four books, just finishing Fair Game this last Sunday. Both my husband and I LOVE this series soooo much! The audios are amazing!




What are your favorite non-review books recently?



17 comments:

  1. I see sooo many raves for the Psy-Changeling series but for some reason I find it a bit intimidating. Whether it's the length of the series or because the genre is so out of my comfort zone. But I'm always so intrigued by everyone's raves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'd be more intimidated if the series didn't feature a different couple/romance each book instead of a continuing story arc that you had to read in order to get. That being said, there are a lot of books in the series! You can totally just read the first book and try it out, though. Hope you enjoy it if you ever decide to go there, Tanya! :)

      Delete
  2. The Psy-Changling series is one of my very favorite series. If I had the time I would definitely reread it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying it! I haven't read all the older books so I'm happy to be participating in the read-along as it encourages me to go through the series. You should join in! :)

      Delete
  3. I've been reviewing all the books I read but I know it takes a lot of time to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! Between working and real life I don't have much for time than just to read. As it is I've been purchasing audios for my review books lately, just because I can't keep up otherwise.

      Delete
  4. Singh! I really want to do the older in audio too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy all the audios are at my library!! Win! :)

      Delete
  5. I'm going to start doing a non-review post every month, too! It's just too good an idea not to steal. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm honored you like the idea! I look forward to your post, Lark! :)

      Delete
  6. Night Swim looks good and I want to read it after seeing your five stars. Yes, love both Psy-Changeling and Alpha & Omega series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good, Sophia Rose! I'd love to hear your opinion. :)

      Delete
  7. I really want to read Night Swim and by read, I mean audio as I heard that was excellent. Thanks for reading Psy-Changeling with us. It's always fun even if I was nervous since I hadn't read this series. Your Patricia Briggs' Alpha & Omega reads are what I did from Christmas Day until the middle of February when I finally broke down and read Wild Sign. It was excellent to have just read the whole series plus we had the Mercy Read-along last year.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  8. Briggs for the win! I have never read anything from Briggs, but I love that her books were a hit for you and the husband.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great idea. I read way too many books I don't have time to review but I am still very fond of the books. I do include them in a monthly list of books I read... but I could do a quarterly post like this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVED The Night Swim. That was one of my Book of the Month choices last year.

    -lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you and your hubby listen to audiobooks while driving. I don't know if hubby will be interested in any of the books I'm reading, tbh. Lol.

    Thanks for sharing, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete