Sunday, November 3, 2013

Waves of Sunday #51



Welcome to our weekly edition of Waves of Sunday where each Sunday we spotlight a book that has been making waves in the book scene or has simply caught our attention causing a riptide on our TBR. 

Today we are spotlighting:

Carter Reed by Tijan
Published September 28th 2013

Emma decided to skip the gym and went home early. It was the last easy decision she made because she found her roommate being raped by the boyfriend. She had two choices. Call the cops and be killed by his family’s mafia connections or kill him first and hope to survive. There was no choice to her. She killed the bastard first and went to the one person who could protect her. Carter Reed. He’s a weapon for the rivaling mafia family, but he’s also Emma’s secret. Not only was he best friends with her brother, but she’s the reason he became that weapon in the first place.

Arlene's Thoughts

I think the best cure for a reading slump is finding books that are different and outside of the box. When I saw Carter Reed making the rounds on my GR flist, I immediately took notice. Yes... yes... that body shot isn't bad to look at, but it was more so the premise of the story that has pushed this to the top of my TBR. It sounds intriguing and quite different that the rinse and repeat stories currently flooding the market. Can't wait to meet Carter and Emma! Hope it's explosive!


Crystal's Thoughts

This cover totally caught my attention I won't lie. Even if I had no clue what the book was about I would still read it because of the cover. I mean WOW! Cover aside though the plot sounds really interesting and I love the whole mafia bit so I am already hooked. I can't wait to dig into this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment