Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Review: The Wrong Man by Kate White


Publication Date: June 16th 2015 by Harper Paperbacks
Purchase Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo

About the book:

She wanted to be more daring, but one small risk is about to cost her everything­—maybe even her life.

Bold and adventurous in her work as owner of one of Manhattan's boutique interior design firms, Kit Finn couldn't be tamer in her personal life. While on vacation in the Florida Keys, Kit resolves to do something risky for once. When she literally bumps into a charming stranger at her hotel, she decides to make good on her promise and act on her attraction.

But back in New York, when Kit arrives at his luxury apartment ready to pick up where they left off in the Keys, she doesn't recognize the man standing on the other side of the door.

Was this a cruel joke or part of something truly sinister? Kit soon realizes that she's been thrown into a treacherous plot, which is both deeper and deadlier than she could have ever imagined. Now the only way to protect herself, her business, and the people she loves is to find out the true identity of the man who has turned her life upside down.

Adrenaline-charged and filled with harrowing twists at every turn, The Wrong Man will keep readers riveted until the final page.

My Thoughts:
Kit Finn has a pretty good life.  At thirty-five she’s a successful interior designer with her own company and good friends, but lately she feels she’s missing something.  She’s led a relatively quiet life, and Kit would like to start taking more risks, and grab life by the horns and live. While on vacation spending a passionate night with a stranger seems like a prime opportunity to live life to the fullest, but Kit gets more than she bargains for.  Upon returning home to New York, Kit finds out that her handsome stranger lied about his identity and her whole life is turned upside down when she’s dragged into an investigation, and doesn’t know who to trust.

Kit was a likable character and I felt bad for the situation she found herself in. I think she handled things as well as could be expected, and didn’t run stupidly into things without thinking first. I wished there was a little more buildup for the romance, but it was a secondary point to the plot and I was happy with how it all worked out at any rate.

I wouldn’t say that I was gasping at or on the edge of my seat while reading, but The Wrong Man was a real page turner for me! Getting to the bottom of what was actually happening had me glued to the pages, eager to solve the mystery.  I did figure out some of what was happening before it was revealed, but it didn’t stop me from enjoying the ride. I enjoyed the design aspects of the book, as well, even though they weren’t crucial to the plot I found them interesting. 


3.5 Suns



2 comments:

  1. This sounds like one I will definitely read -- I love a good page turner! Have you read her Bailey Weggins' series? I really like that series!

    Great review Rachel!!

    ReplyDelete