Saturday, November 10, 2018

Sunday Post #5


The Sunday Post is kindly hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer book blog.

It's been a couple weeks since I posted.  I meant to both weekends, but I've been busy with travel back and forth from Southern to Northern California, and grand-kids have a way of consuming every minute of free time!  I'm up in Northern California right now and the smoke from the fires just south of here is really bad!  I was planning on getting a run in up here, but the air quality is too bad, and we don't want to take the grand-kids to the park either!  It does make for a pretty sunrise, though:



Read:



Loved Diamond Fire! I can't wait for Catalina's next story. I've been binging on the Guild Hunter's books, just Elena and Raphael's books, because I received Angel's Prophecy for review thinking it would be okay to read without reading the prior books since I did with Archangel's Viper (Venom's book).  I quickly realized that I needed their history before reading it. I'm almost done with Archangel's Legion. What a great series! 
LOVED The Simple Wild! Wonderful character growth, mending family relationships, and a steamy love-to-hate romance made it a 5 star read for me! Want Me Cowboy was another favorite! Sooo good. I'll have my review up this week.



Purchased/Received/Library Lend:



I'm really excited for Serious Moonlight! I've been a fan of Jenn Bennett for a while, loving her adult paranormal series' and YA has been wonderful. I loved Ezekiel Boone's creepy series The Hatching so I can't wait to read The Mansion. I've been a fan of Lisa Gardner's mysteries even before I was introduced to Goodreads or even knew what a blog was so I'm thrilled for her newest. Maisey Yates writes beautifully heartfelt romances, and I've been waiting for Bea and Dane's story for a while.  Hope Dane isn't too much of a jerk in Unbroken Cowboy. Never got to Isla and the Happily Ever After so I'm interested to see how I like Stephanie Perkins' writing years after finishing Anna & Lola.


Watched:


The Lincoln Lawyer is a movie I've wanted to watch but forgot about.  Finally got around to it and it was a lot of fun! Marisa Tomei is so pretty in it!

How's your week been?

23 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that the fires and smoke are still so bad. Hope something changes soon...

    Serious Moonlight looks really good, not only do I love that cover but I want to read her Starry Eyes too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Greg! I hope they get control of the fires soon. I feel so bad for everyone affected.

      Starry Eyes was really good! :)

      Delete
  2. Nalini Singh's book looks interesting. I will check them out.

    Gayathri @ Elgee Writes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes, the smoke can linger...we had it for a while during the fires in the summer. I hope everything is contained soon!

    Enjoy your books, and thanks for sharing. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love Nalini Singh. Her Guild Hunter series is great! Hope you are enjoying them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am insane with jealousy that you have Serious Moonlight. I was "declined" for that book, and Bennett is probably one of my top YA contemporary authors. I will be counting down to its release, and I hope you love it. Isla was my favorite of the Anna books. Perkins did this really sweet, awesome thing at the end, which was a wonderful way to end the series. Stay safe. I hope they can get the fires under control quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear about Serious Moonlight! I've been declined on books I really, really wanted at the time and it sucks! I'm glad to hear Isla was your favorite. I'm looking forward to starting it soon. :)

      Delete
  6. I've never read Nalini Singh but I probably should as I love PNR & UF books and that seems to be the space she sits in!
    I hope the fires settle down quickly!
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I bet the smoke really has been bad. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but I feel even worse for those who lost everything with the fires. :(
      I hope they get them under control soon.

      Delete
  8. Yikes, hope the smoke clears up soon :(
    But on a positive side- that's a gorgeous picture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too just watched a McConaughey, The Free State of Jones. Happy Sunday. Hope the fire gets under control.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check out The Free State of Jones. Never heard of it. Thanks! Me too! :)

      Delete
  10. What a pretty view, even with the smoke! Great haul this week! I'm DEFINITELY off to check out The Mansion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love that view. I hope we both love The Mansion! :)

      Delete
  11. I'm sure the smoke is pretty terrible - I'm glad you're not in the midst of the actual fires though!! I really liked Isla and the Happily Ever After, so I hope you do too.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo those fires. I feel so bad for people. Homes gone, forest gone, wildlife gone. It's horrific. I hope you stay safe.

    Mary #SundayRoundup #44!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I feel so terrible for all those who've lost everything! Hope they get control soon! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  13. I feel so badly for the people in the fire areas. I rode that area on my Harley in 2014, up the PCH, so beautiful. You have lots of great books - I loved Diamond Fire and those Nalini Singh books are good too! Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I feel terrible for all those who lost everything! I agree, the area is/was very beautiful! Diamond Fire was amazing! I can't wait for the next story. :)

      Delete