Saturday, November 24, 2018

Sunday Post #7


The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer book blog, and is a post to recap my bookish and non-bookish things from the last week. 

I'm so thankful to have some time off, but I did have a sad Friday.  Our orange tabby cat's health has been steadily declining, which is not unexpected since he just turned nineteen, but it was sad to watch.  He's been such a good, sweet cat all these years! He got so weak and miserable starting on Wednesday night that we had to take him in to be put down Friday. He was a well-loved member of our family, and I take comfort in the fact that he had so many good years. 

On a happier note, I'm spending time with my family right now, relaxing and enjoying the cooler temps and fall colors.  Also, I'm taking part in Kimberly's @Caffeinated Reviewer & Marlene's @Reading Reality Black Friday Book Bonanza blog hop giveaway so if you're interested click HERE.

Read:

(Click on cover for Goodreads link)

I had a great reading week! I enjoyed Chasing Shadows and Hate Notes, but I loved The Winter Sister!  I just downloaded a copy last Saturday, taking a chance on a debut author because the book description sounded interesting. On a whim I decided to start reading right away, because I was in the mood for a mystery book.  I ended up staying up until 2am to finish! Riveting and soooo good!


Received/Purchased /Library Lend:
(click on cover for Goodreads link)



I've never read any book by B.J.Daniels, but I love romantic suspense and have seen her books around so I decided to give her a go. Strawberry Hill's description has me intrigued with a hearing impaired hero, and I've enjoyed Catherine Anderson's romances in the past.  As I said above, I LOVED The Winter Sister! I loved Transcendence by Shay Savage, so I couldn't resist this novella from Beth's POV. I reading it now and loving it!  The have the first three books of the Veronica Speedwell series in print form, but I just bought an audio version of the first book, A Curious Beginning so that I'd start the series sooner.  I've seen good things about it so I'm hoping it's a hit with me. 

Watched:


I finally got around to watching Ready Player One. I had fun with it. Not sure how it compared to the book since I didn't read it, but it was a decent movie.



How was your week?

26 comments:

  1. Oh I'm sorry to hear about your cat Rachel! That's so hard... sending best wishes and sympathy!

    I've seen The Winter sister around a few places now and I'm really curious about it!

    I still need to see Ready Player One.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg! I hope you get a chance to pick up The Winter Sister, and I'm interested in hearing what you think of Ready Player One. :)

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry about your cat but at least he is not suffering any more. It is always the hard decision. Have a good week ahead!

    Gayathri @ Elgee Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a hard decision, but I think you're right, at least he's not suffering anymore. You too! :)

      Delete
  3. So sorry about your cat ((HUGS)), but WOW! 19 years you got to love him. What a gift. Glad you got to spend time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sam, and I know 19 years was a gift! He was such a sweet cat! :)

      Delete
  4. So sorry about your cat, but remembering the time you had together should help.

    I am glad you loved The Winter Sister, as I also downloaded it, taking a chance on an unknown author.

    Have a great week, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laurel, that does help. I hope you love The Winter Sister, too. :)

      Delete
  5. I'm so sorry about your cat. We've had to do the same, and it's so hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennifer. :) It is really hard, but I think it was time. Past time.

      Delete
  6. So sorry to hear about your cat. I know it's sad to let a beloved pet go, even when you've had many years with them.

    I thought they did a pretty good job with the Ready Player One movie---it was pretty faithful to the book.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nicole! I didn't read the book, but it was an entertaining movie. I'm glad it stayed faithful to the book because so many times the book-to-movie is disappointing.

      Delete
  7. OMG! I loved Transcendence and had no idea there was a novella! That's getting 1-clicked immediately. 🙂

    I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. We lost 2 last year (one two days before Christmas) and it's heartbreaking. 😔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thrilled to hear you loved Transcendence, too, Nici! The novella brought back all the good memories and I had to start reading Transcedence all over again.

      Thanks, it is heartbreaking. How come it's always around the holidays?! :(

      Delete
  8. I am SO sorry about your cat. I can't imagine what you must be feeling. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tracy! I'm happy he's not miserable anymore.

      Delete
  9. I'm so sorry about your cat! I had a similar experience with my dog a couple years back, he'd had cancer in his throat to the point where he couldn't breathe and his heart gave out the day after we found out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet cat. That's so sad! When you've had a beloved pet for that long they leave such a hole in your life when they're gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lark. He was definitely beloved member of the family. It gives me comfort that he's not suffering anymore, though.

      Delete
  11. So sorry to hear about your cat. It is always hard to lose beloved pets. Glad you had a nice week other than that though and congrats on all the reading and books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so sorry to hear about your cat. It is so very hard to lose a pet. Nice new reads. I hope you enjoy them all and look forward to your thoughts on the Veronica Speedwell series.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sorry for your loss, we had to put our tabby down and it was so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We had to put down our 16.5 yo dog in September, so I feel your loss. I'm sorry.

    I'm glad you had some time off. I'm glad to see you are enjoying your new reads. Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete