Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Review: Silence Fallen by Patricia Briggs



Silence Fallen (Mercy Thompson #10) by Patricia Briggs
Publication Date: March 7th 2017 by Ace
Source: Publisher and purchased audio book
Pages: 379
Narration Length: 11 hrs 13 min
Narrators: Lorelei King and George Newbern
Rating: 
Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Audible | Goodreads

I originally posted this on The Readers Den, but as part of my read along with Anne at Books of My Heart I'm posting my original review for Silence Fallen here. Anne is a giving away a copy of Storm Cursed so stop by and check it out! 

Mercy Thompson continues to be one of my two favorite Urban Fantasy series' and I'm working my way through a third time. Every time I notice new things and love the story just a little bit more. The audios are perfection!

My Thoughts:
Re-read for the 3rd time Sunday August 23rd 2020 and listened to the audio book in one day! My husband and I couldn't stop listening! One of my favorites of the series!

Re-read April 4th 2017, and my re-reading binge is over! *sobs* I want more Adam and Mercy!

Original review:
Silence Fallen
kicks off with a bang as Mercy is abducted and taken to Europe by vampires. What do they want and how will she get away?

As usual Mercy survives by her wits, thinking things through quickly and using hard won experience to her advantage. Mercy is away from Adam and her Pack for most of the book, but before you go panicking, let me reassure you Adam is still very much a part of the story and we get his POV more than we have in any other books in the past. I loved it! Got to “see” just how much Mercy means to Adam, and how living with his wolf is more of a struggle than I knew.

It was interesting to get a bit of Marsilia, Stefan and Wulfe’s history, why they came to America. It was interesting to see Marsilia in a little different light, and not as awful as she usually is.

Patricia Briggs has crafted one of my all-time favorite female characters in Mercy. Her intelligence shines with every problem she encounters. Mercy ponders things through like body language, repercussions of action, and what she says, weighing possible outcomes, doing this pretty quickly!

Silence Fallen
is another amazing installment in the Mercy Thompson series! I was almost glad I was sick this weekend because it gave me an excuse to sit home and read this straight through. It took me longer to finish than an average book, because I didn’t want to miss anything! There were a few twists, and one surprise I did not see coming. The reveal was worked in very quietly, too, IMO. All around it was a riveting read, one of the best in the Mercy Thompson series! 

5 Suns


15 comments:

  1. I loved this so much! Mercy was so sharp. Although it's too bad she couldn't just hide out and instead ran into more trouble! But there are a LOT of threads here which will be picked up in Storm Cursed.

    Thanks so much for participating in the Read-along!

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there's even a lot of connection in the Alpha Omega series with this one, and I think it's great to read them alternating. A lot of stuff with Bran in regards to Mercy and Leah were very surprising!

      My pleasure!

      Delete
  2. I love love this series. Mercy is such a great character.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't mention it in my review, but I agree about how cool it was to see more of Adam's side and the struggle he had with his wolf nature. This was fabulous. It is always a strain not to snatch up the next one from the pile and keep reading ahead. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVED having Adam's POV! It's been so rare and it really shows how desperately he loves Mercy. No wonder she doesn't let Christie bother her too much. She can feel his emotions and thoughts through their bond. Amazing!

      Delete
  4. I wasn't very happy when Mercy got kidnapped and taken so far away from Adam and the pack in this one, but Briggs pulled it off! I love this series. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a phenomenal installment! Patricia Briggs continues to keep this series fresh! And they hold up on re-reads!

      Delete
  5. It's such a great feeling returning to an old favorite. And I love that you listened with your husband. My husband and I have listened to the whole Others series by Anne Bishop together and it was such a fun expereince.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah for your husband having great taste! I love it when the hubs and I enjoy audios together. He loves The Others series, too! We've listened to that one together as well.

      Delete
  6. I've heard good things about this one but I haven't read it. Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete