Thursday, July 14, 2022

Review: For You & No One Else by Roni Loren

 

For You & No One Else (Say Anything) by Roni Loren
Publication Date: July 5th 2022 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Pages: 336
Source: Publisher 
Rating: 
Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | Goodreads

My Thoughts:
Eliza, a successful therapist, doesn’t want to play games dating. She’s thirty-two and ready to settle down. Marriage, kids, the whole nine yards. Dating apps have had less than stellar results and when one date goes wrong the situation is made ten times worse when a video of it goes viral and the effects impact her career. This is where Beck, her work neighbor, comes in. He’s smoking hot, and usually closed off, but a chance meeting at the office brought them together, bonding over a lonely Christmas. Since then, they’ve struck up a friendship, the mutual attraction growing more every time they’re together. However, Beck has made it clear he isn’t up for marriage or commitment, so clearly, they’re not right for each other. Or are they?

Beck has sworn off of social media, factors from his past soured him from sharing anything public. When he finds out about Eliza’s situation he offers to help and suggests she ban social media from her life, live life without the performance, meet people naturally and see what happens. Beck evens offers to help in her social media free journey. Seeing Eliza with anyone else drives him nuts, but after how he’s grown up, he doesn’t want any part of the traditional married/kids situation.

The start Eliza and Beck’s relationship had me cracking up! Really, all through the book there were lots of laughs. Trent the cat was priceless! They had all kinds of chemistry and got along so well, but of course Beck’s hang-ups put the breaks on things. Of course, I knew that wouldn’t last for long, but I didn’t want Eliza to settle either, but I knew once Beck got things figured out the rest would sort itself out.

This was the last in the Say Everything series and it was a satisfying conclusion, getting to see all the couples in the future, together and happy brought a smile to my face! Such a wonderful epilogue!

4 Stars


Book Description:

She has the perfect life…and it’s a perfect lie.

Behind the careful façade, she’s struggling:

To feel like she fits in. To find her true voice.

Now, finally, she’s ready to start living her own story.


Eliza Catalano has the perfect life. So what if it actually looks nothing like the story she tells online? As a therapist, it’s part of her job to look like she has all the answers, right? But when Eliza ends up as a viral “Worst Date Ever” meme, everything in her Instagram-filtered world begins to crumble.

Enter the most obnoxiously attractive man she's ever met, and a bet she can't resist: if she swears off social media for six months, Beck Carter’ll teach her the wonders of surviving the "real world." No technology, no dating apps, no pretty filters, no BS.

It seems like the perfect deal—she can lay low until her sudden infamy passes, meet some interesting new people, and maybe even curate this experience into a how I quit the online dating racket book along the way. But something about Beck’s raw honesty speaks to Eliza in ways she never expected. She knows he’s supposed to be completely hands-off…but as complex feelings grow and walls come tumbling down, rough-around-the-edges Beck may be exactly what Eliza needs to finally, truly face herself—and decide who she really wants to be.


16 comments:

  1. Seriously, Trent was a star, and I agree, they were fun together. I got a little frustrated for a bit, but that ending! Cue the tears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I got a bit frustrated too in some parts, but overall it was a great story.

      Delete
  2. I agree, Trent was the best!! Nice review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was a cutie! Especially since he was such a pill to everyone but Beck, lol!

      Delete
  3. I need to read this.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like it was a great story and wonderful ending to a series you enjoyed. I will have to see if I can find this series as I think I would enjoy it. Great review Rachel. Gotta love an animal that steals the show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd like the audio version, and yes, I love a sassy/grumpy cat like Trent!

      Delete
  5. Trent the cat! I'm so in for reading this one. I really loved What If You & Me. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Trent the cat! I liked What If You & Me a little better than this one, but it was still a great read. :)

      Delete
  6. Sounds good but while I agree less social media would be helpful it keeps me connected to my book friends.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been a long time since I read anything by Roni Loren and I haven't started this series at all. Sounds like it was a good way to wrap up the series, though. I love when the previous couples make an appearance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been wanting to read this series so I'm glad to hear it ends on such a satisfying note.

    ReplyDelete