Sunday, December 18, 2022

Sunday Post #188

 

The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer book blog, and is a post to recap my bookish and non-bookish things from the last week.

It's been a long two weeks. I didn't post last week because we took off for Southern California as my son and DIL had their first child. A sweet baby boy! Our third grandchild. We were thrilled to welcome him to the family and things went off without a hitch for the birth. Anyhow, we stayed for the week with them. 
I flew home on Thursday while the husband stayed because I had to work on Friday and then caught a plane back down south because we were meeting our daughter, SIL and our other two grandkids in Los Angeles to attend Fresno's (friends with a player & family) football game at the brand new SoFi stadium. It was such a nice event and we went out with everyone after, stayed the night and are now finally 
driving home right now. I'm soooo tired. 

Read:
(Click on cover for Goodreads link)


All great reads. Two ARCs and three audios. Listened to Best Worst Christmas after seeing it on Lucy Knows Things. It was short (less than 4 hours at 1.5x normal speed) the writing was beautiful and it was alternately funny and emotional. It's also part of Audible's Plus catalog if you're a member. Win! I was reminded I wanted to get to more of Simone St. James backlist when I saw Kimberly's review. Loved it! Sugaring Off was after seeing it on Carole's blog. Loved it too. Another beautiful story that was YA, which I rarely read anymore. Coming of age, dealing with partial deafness, trauma and a little danger, too. Really good. 

Received/Purchased/Library Lend:


I'm trying to make my Audiobook Challenge so I have two short stories: The Naughty, The Nice and the Nanny, in the Audible Plus catalog, and Resting Scrooge Face, a Kindle Unlimited "read and listen for free". Hotel of Secrets is an invite I'm looking forward to as I loved Widow of Rose House by Diana Biller.

Instagram:





How was your week?




32 comments:

  1. Damn Rachel I hate planes and you take them like cars! Also congratulations on your grandson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got used to flying all over the place, but usually it's just short trips, not longer than 3 hour flights. Most are an hour long. Not my favorite thing to do, but sometimes it's better than driving. Thank you! We're so happy everything went without a hitch! :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like you were able to get some great books read. I love seeing that. I just started by first Shelley Shepard Grey and enjoying it. I really had a fun time with Resting Scrooge Face. I think you will enjoy it. Congrats on the new grandbaby! Hope baby and mother are doing well. Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to resting Scrooge Face, even more so hearing you liked it, Renee! They are and we're so happy that's the case! Thank you, Renee! I hope you enjoy your Christmas as well!

      Delete
  3. oh what a lovely week with family and a new baby! I'm so happy you were able to have that time and some great reading. I hope you have a lovely week with peace and joy.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne! I hope you have a lovely week filled with peace and joy, too! Can't believe the year is almost up!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on a new grandbaby! That is awesome. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for a new grandbaby! Good news that it went well and how cool that you could go to your friends' ballgame. All your books being a good reading is a plus. I want to read that older Simone St. James, too.

    Have a good week, Rachel!
    Sophia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was an eventful week! We had a lovely time, but boy am I happy to be home today! It was good! Hope you like it too! Have a lovely week, too, Sophia! :)

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on the new grandbaby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your new grandchild. That's got to be the best Christmas present! And do you think Hotel of Secrets will be half as good as The Widow of Rose House? Because I totally loved that book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm crossing my fingers it's as good! I loved The Widow of Rose House too!

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on the new addition! You were quite the jet-setter flying up and back. What a wonderful treat to get to spend time with your family. I read Resting Scrooge Face this morning. I thought it was adorable. Hope you enjoy it and get through your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so happy mother and baby are healthy and happy! I don't feel like a jet-setter, lol, just a tired and so done traveling! Thank goodness we'll be staying home until next Thursday! I'm excited about Resting Scrooge Face! Thanks! I have 7 more books to complete my challenge. So fingers crossed!

      Delete
  9. Ooh you've been busy but in a good way sounds like! Congrats on your new grandchild!! I hope you have a relaxing week and a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Greg! You're right, but man I'm so happy I'm home now! I need a few days of rest! Hope you have lovely holiday, too!

      Delete
  10. Congratulations on the new Grandson!! That's so exciting. I hope you have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. New baby, congrats 🥳
    Happy reading this week

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the new grandson. Sounds like a very busy couple of weeks though! I hope you have a lovely, and relaxing week/holiday.

    Lauren @ www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It was busy and I just need some rest! Thank you, Lauren! Hope you enjoy the holidays as well. :)

      Delete
  13. I'm glad you enjoyed The Best Worst Christmas too! I'll be listening to The Upside Down Christmas by the same author, so I'm hoping it's just as good 😊.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check that one out. I really liked the author's writing.

      Delete
  14. Have a great week and happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A new addition to the family is such a wonderful gift for the holidays! I'm so happy you've been able to spend time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on the new grandson! That is so exciting! I am so glad that you enjoyed Sugaring Off. I thought it was really well done. Have a great week, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carole! I agree. The narration was really good, too!

      Delete
  17. Congrats on the new grandchild! Glad you've been able to enjoy so much family time. I adore Devney Perry but have not read any of her Willa Nash books yet. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tanya! Didn't know Devney Perry wrote as Willa Nash too. It was an okay story. Not my favorite from her, but it was short and sweet. :)

      Delete