Saturday, February 10, 2024

Sunday Post #240

 


The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer book blog, and is a post to recap my bookish and non-bookish things from the last week. I'm also linking up to The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance @Readerbuzz.

We had an eventful weather week. Sunday we had an impressive storm with a ton of rain, wind, lightening and explosive thunder! Our power went out in the afternoon and didn't come back until late the next day which was better than the predicted four days out. It's not such a big deal for us because we have a generator that powers the whole house, but it's a hassle to get going. Wednesday it rained again, but turned into snow late in the afternoon. I was glad I left work early, since we weren't that busy, so I didn't have to drive in any of it. It melted pretty quickly. 

Today was beautiful. Went to the garden center and then met my sister and her husband for lunch at a brewhouse that has really good soft pretzels with cheese and cauliflower wings. I'm a sucker for a soft pretzel with cheese.

Went home and then went for a walk with my husband and came upon a dog running loose with a collar but no tags. He was a sweet, black lab who followed us on our entire walk. He wasn't afraid to run onto the road so it was imperative to find his home! It took over an hour knocking on doors to track down the owner who wasn't home. I came across their neighbor who knew the dog and we took him back to his house. Kind of a nightmare. Not sure why this person allows their dogs (there was another loose up at the house) to run around without fencing to keep them in. 

Neighborhood Dog: "Bo"


Read:
(click on cover for Goodreads link)


The Mysterious Case of the Alperton Angels by Janice Hallett: 4 Stars

I hoped to get more reading in this last week, but such is life.



Received/Purchased/Library Lend:




Thank you to Berkley, Hanover Square Press, and Sourcebooks Casablanca!

Instagram:

I also received a print copy of Chasing the Horizon. Thank you Bethany House and Austen Prose!





How was your week?





18 comments:

  1. If the power goes out we have no backup generator here! So that was a good thing! And I don't get it either about people letting their dogs lose. With all teh cars or passing strangers it's crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's quite the weather! We had a thunderstorm the other night, not nerly that severe, but it was weird hearing thunder in February here! It's usually too cold/ snow.

    That's a shame about the dog, but thank goodness for you guys to help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw California was getting hammered last week. Glad you have the generator (and gas for it). The pup is cute. I hope his owners mind him better after this escapade. I have been eyeing those Ruggle books. Can't wait to hear what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you have had such bad weather there. It's good you have a backup generator. We always think about getting one, especially when there is a hurricane in the Gulf!

    I look forward to hearing what you think about Fish Out of Water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bo looks like such a good boy. I hate that people leave their dogs loose. We used to do that in our small town in Iowa, but the fact is every one of our dogs died being run over. We never let Lulu out without us. Our backyard is fenced in so we can let her loose there but otherwise she is leashed and with us. I love the idea of a backup generator but we don't have so many outages to really need it. I used to read a lot of Katie Ruggle romantic suspense. I'm not sure about these new ones yet.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, thanks for helping the dog get home! One of my former dogs was an escape artist who liked to dig under fences. All my neighbors ended up knowing her because they had to bring her back so often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad your power didn't stay out as long as they'd predicted! I don't understand how people can let their dogs run loose, it's just so easy they could get hit by a car these days if you live near any kind of road. I haven't read Katie Ruggle, but both of those look good, so I hope you enjoy them. Have a good week!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many people in my neighborhood let their dogs run wild. I am not a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We finally sprung for a generator after two long power outages last year. Glad your storms weren't too severe and you beat the snow showers for your drive. I was so glad when our neighbor got rid of their dog because it was always running loose and I was worried it would get hit by a car or, because it barked and snapped at people, hurt someone. Nice that you got lunch with family.

    Have a good week, Rachel!

    Sophia Rose

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was so nice of you to help Bo get back home... poor pup!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved Bride as well! And the only time my dogs roam the neighborhood is when they escape and make me chase them. I can't imagine just letting them wander. I would be a nervous wreck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seems like there is a lot of odd weather in the US at the moment.

    Glad you found Bo's home. Hopefully they will keep a better eye on them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that was some storm. Thank goodness the power wasn't out as long as predicted. Sweet dog but sad/ scary that his owner allows him to run loose like that. Recipe for disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah I do wish some homeowners were more responsible in taking care of their pets. I hope you have a blast with Dane's Mark though. It was so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We've had some rain this week too, though thankfully nothing too severe! The excitement this week has been that fiber internet is being installed in the neighborhood. Everyone's yards are dug up, so I'm ready for them to be finished.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad you were able to find the dogs home. Cute pup.
    It's good you have a generator for times when you need it .

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hate when people let their dogs run loose...that's how they get lost or hit by a car. And I'm glad your power outtage didn't last very long. I hate when our power goes out. I'm saving up for a generator, but I don't have one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sort of sad about the dog -- is the owner even taking care of him? I'm glad you found out his supposed home. I like the cover of Chasing the Horizon ... wow.

    ReplyDelete