The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer book blog, and is a post to recap my bookish and non-bookish things from the last week. I'm also linking up to The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance @Readerbuzz.
Happy Sunday!
Nothing terribly exciting to report here. I worked, had my teeth cleaned and got my haircut. I've been having issues with my right hand. Pain in the knuckles that might be related to my carpel tunnel. Not sure what I'm going to do about it. We had my sister and her husband over for dinner last night.
Blogger seems to be giving issues still. My blog roll on the side isn't updating with new posts on some of the blogs I follow and I noticed my Goodreads challenge below has books listed that I've read a while back.
I have to work tomorrow (Sunday). Other than that fall is definitely in the air.
500 Piece Puzzle Completed: America's Favorite National Parks by Pippi Post
Puzzle 49 of 2026
Read:
Light the Stars by RaeAnne Thayne-3 Stars
Not a Word by Linwood Barclay-4 Stars
Received:
Thank you to St. Martin's Press, Macmillan Audio and Ace!










Oooh Dive Bar I want to read it so much (but of course I wasn't allowed to get an ARC...Well, I will get to it eventually).
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about the carpal tunnel issue...alas, it's one of those things that ultimately require to take action. You can only get by for so long until you get an intervention...
Blogger has become a cesspool. The reading list issue had been going on for months (older updates pushed at the top of the list, old ones delayed) when the updates stopped altogether for a whole week. There was a thread about it on the Blogger Community, but no one seemed to be able to do anything. Now it's working again, but who knows for how long it will. I've been wanting to add a Follow.it widget to my blog for a while...I see you have one - does it work well for you?
I think it works okay, but to be honest I don't check it. I don't think I get many follows by email, haha!
DeleteBoo for pain in your hands. My carpel improved when I gave up everything I enjoyed doing. I hope you can find some relief without going to that extreme. The Goodreads widget is always behind and always has been for me.
ReplyDeleteYeah, hand pain is no fun. Especially, since it's my right, my dominant one!
DeleteBoo! I will miss you on the chat. Sorry about the pain. For me gentle motion or massage has helped muscle pain but if it is carpal tunnel, IDK maybe a brace? My daughter finds those helpful. I'm hoping Dive Bar won't be too scary for me.
ReplyDeleteAnne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post
They did mention something about a brace. It's just hard to use my hand if I have to wear one. Yep, bummer on missing the chat! It was an exciting installment, too! Most of the time her horror books aren't scary. Just spooky.
DeleteSorry about the carpel tunnel. I had it really bad in college and grad school, but it improved drastically when I stopped typing all day long.
ReplyDeleteWhen I work a lot it gets worse. Hopefully it'll be better when I retire.
DeleteI've been having a little trouble off and on with Blogger for a few weeks now. I attributed this to a Mac update. I am changing my browser so maybe that will help.
ReplyDeleteDive Bar sounds intriguing.
I think most people using Blogger have had issues. Not enough that I'd want to switch, though. Anything else seems overwhelming to me.
DeleteAging is never a picnic is it? I have new pains appearing everywhere!
ReplyDeleteYes! Me too!
DeleteCarpal tunnel is an on-again off-again issue for me depending on my activities. I opted not to get he surgery since it was not a strong enough percentage of success. I get the feeling that each case is different.
ReplyDeleteFun puzzles you got done.
Have a good week, Rachel!
I have to research the surgery. I might be going to PT. You, too, Sophia!
DeleteLove that puzzle! And I'm sorry your having new issues with your hand. That's always frustrating. Good luck this week. I hope it's a good one!
ReplyDeleteIt was a fun one! Yes, the new aches and pains are not welcome, especially when it impacts activities! Thanks, Lark! I hope you have a great week, too!
DeleteI hope it's not arthritis! I am worried about that in my hands, especially when I wake and they ache. I'm ready for a low-key week after dealing with my sick kiddo last week.
ReplyDeleteI hope not either. I had an x-ray which didn't show anything, but it may not show up because this is a new development. It also doesn't show muscles and tendons. I'd have to have an MRI. Hope you have a less eventful week, Jen!
DeleteWhat a cool puzzle! Do you have a puzzle goal for the year? At first I read that as 49 of 2026. LOL That would be A LOT of puzzles! LOL
ReplyDeleteI don't have a puzzle goal, but I'm keeping track of how many I put together. That is the 49th puzzle I've worked this year! Yep, it's a lot! I'm a puzzle addict! Although, it's underestimated because there were a couple I did away from home where I didn't snap a photo. :)
DeleteGoogle knows everything about everything in the world, except they don't know how Blogger works.
ReplyDelete