Monday, March 30, 2015

Waves of Fiction 2015 Reading Challenge - Team Update

It's time for our Waves of Fiction 2015 Reading Challenge Update!
Several of us at Waves of Fiction started this reading challenge at the beginning of the year. To learn more about it, you can go HERE for the details. 

Sounds like it was another good month for the team here at Waves of Fiction. So, let's see how we all did!
I was able to complete NINE books towards my challenge this month! I've finished entire two categories on my board (Title and Rec'ed) and I hope to finish all of my challenges by next month with only a few categories to go! 

So let me share with you what I completed this month:
A book with time travel - Outlander
A book with a one word title - Changeling
A book with a number in the title - The Rise of Nine
A book set in another country - The Prize
A book you shouldn't read in public - Can You Keep a Secret?
A book made into a movie - Insurgent & The Longest Ride
A book most of your GR flist has read - Landline
A book with a place in the title - On Dublin Street


As you can see, I finally finished Outlander, which was probably my biggest accomplishment for this challenge. Very excited to mark that book off of my TBR. In addition, it was fun jumping into TWO books that were made into movies because I planned to see them both. 

Next month, I'd like to finish my board and see where I can start to double up. This challenge really helped me dive into books I've been meaning to read for a while and dapple with genres I have tried for some time. 

It's exciting to see my roomies make amazing progress on their boards too!

A book that has won an award - Bayou Moon by Illona Andrews 
A book recommended by a friend - After I Do by Taylor Reed Jenkins 
A book set in another country - Into the Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes
 A book you shouldn’t read in public - After Hours by Cara McKenna
 A book with more than 300 pages - Soaring by Kristen Ashley
 A book with a military theme - It’s Always Been You by Jessica Scott
 A book by an Australian author - Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty

I completed seven books this last month and I loved most of them.  This challenge has been forcing me to pick up books I probably wouldn't have read otherwise even though they've been in my TBR for a while.  I hope to get to My Highland Lover by Maeve Grayson for my "time travel book" and Scream For Me by Cynthia Eden for my "third book in a series book".  I don't have anything else planned beyond that, but a book set in a college should be easy with all the New Adult books out there.

This month was a little slower for me.  I crossed off three which wasn't bad, but I am hoping next month I'll pick up more.  Here's what I managed to read this month...
A book set in the summer-The Bargaining by Carly Anne West
A book set in a college-Wicked by Jennifer L. Armentrout
A book by an Australian author-Cinnamon Rain by Emma Cameron

Next month I really want to tackle the time traveling category and the highlands category.  Those two are the ones I am not sure if they will fit my reading taste so I want to dive in and see how it goes. 
Good job everybody!  You guys are killing it!! 





6 comments:

  1. Hi, ladies! I decided to join your challenge. Here is my progress:

    A book with a one word title: Hero by Samantha Young
    A third book in a series: Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #3) by Maggie Stiefvater
    A book by a new-to-you author: Whatever Life Throws at You by Julie Cross
    A book with a stand-alone title: Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
    A book set in the Summer: The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes
    A book set in college: Last Will and Testament (Radleigh University #1) by Dahlia Adler
    A book with more than 300 pages: The Distance Between Lost and Found by Kathryn Holmes
    A book with a rating higher than 4.25 on GR: The Deal (Off-Campus #1) by Elle Kennedy

    I’m currently reading:
    A book by an Australian Author: Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
    A book set in the past: The Girl You Left Behind by Jojo Moyes

    Next month I’m planning to read:
    A book published more than 10 years ago – Unspeakable by Sandra Brown
    A book set in another country: Once Upon a Rose by Laura Florand

    Happy reading to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Ksenia! You're rocking the challenge. I used Hero for my "one word title" book, too. I'm loving Big Little Lies as well. Almost done. I hope you enjoy Once Upon a Rose as much as I did!

      Delete
    2. Hi Rachel! After your praises to Laura Florand I couldn’t walk away from this book.

      Delete
  2. Still Going Strong!

    A Book Published More Than 10 Years Ago: Breath of Scandal by Sandra Brown
    A Books That's Been on your TBR More than a Year: Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
    A Book Recommended By A Friend: Under Different Stars by Amy A. Bartol
    A Book With a Military Theme: Heat of the Moment by Elle Kennedy
    A Books With a Place in the Title: Literacy and Longing in L.A. by Jennifer Kaufman
    A Books With a Color in the Title: The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead
    A Book Set in the Summer: Midnight Sun by Rachel Grant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your doing really well with the challenge, too, Eva! I'll have to check and see what you thought of Breath of Scandal. That was a super addictive read for me. I was enraged for the first 25% of the book and couldn't wait for our heroine to dish out some much deserved revenge! :)

      Delete
    2. Oh man, I know what you mean! The beginning of the book was so hard to read and I was so, so furious!!!!!!!!!

      Delete