Saturday, December 1, 2018

Sunday Post #8



The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer book blog, and is a post to recap my bookish and non-bookish things from the last week. 

I can't believe we're almost at the end of 2018! The year has flown by in a flurry of work, travel, and reading!  I just looked up my Goodreads Challenge and I'm ten books away from meeting my goal of 150 Books.  I should make it with no trouble thanks to audio books.  The previous five years I've set a goal of 175 books and exceeded it every time, but this year I just haven't had as much reading time.  

This week we've had a lot of rain, and the fall colors are just beautiful! I'm up north again, and here's the park I took my grandson to yesterday:



Read:
(Click on cover for Goodreads link)


After finishing the novella Luffs in Beth's POV I had to go back and re-read Transcendence! Loved it all over again! A Curious Beginning was clever and original, but I wish there was a bit more romance. There's just a hint of a beginning.  I love Mary Balogh's historical romances, they're full of emotions and depth, so it's no surprise that Someone to Trust was a hit for me. 

Received/Purchased/Library Lend:
(Click on cover for Goodreads link)


How to Seduce a Bad Boy was offered to me by the publisher.  Traci Douglas is a new-to-me author so I hope I like it! Has anyone read any of her books?  I love Tami Hoag's mysteries, so I was excited to finally have another story with Broussard and Forcade! It's been ten years since their first and only story, A Thin Dark Line. Robyn Carr is another author I adore so I was happy to get approval for her newest Sullivan's Crossing installment. 

Watched:



The newest Mission Impossible was fun even the the "15 minutes" they had left on something felt soooooo long!  Malice is a classic! Loved this fantastic mystery/thriller!  Nicole looks so different back then. Age and surgeries I guess. :/

How was your week?


13 comments:

  1. Ooh the colors do look gorgeous there! And yay for your book challenge!

    I've never seen Malice, for some reason- I might have to go back and rent that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe the year is almost over either!!! Awesome job on reading challenge. The picture of the park is so nice! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so hard to believe how quickly this year flew by. We had a gorgeous day in the park yesterday, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This year has really went quickly. The park looks gorgeous. I still need to read Transcendence. It sounds like a really well done and original book. I hope you enjoy your new reads and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The year flew by. I know you said you didn't get to read as much this year, but 150 books is quite an achievement. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty fall colors. Ours are gone and things are bare since we got snow and ice early this year. Glad you are still enjoying it. Oh, you read some good ones this week and way to go on staying on pace to reach your goal. You remind me. I have Transcendence and need to read it. I've not seen Malice and it looks good.

    Have a good week, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Malice was a good one. I've watched it a few times now. Lovely photo. We are getting some color changes here but most of the trees keep their leaves year round. And it looks like some great reads for you. Enjoy:)

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  8. I lowered my GoodReads goal this year, too. I used to set it at 100 and almost always made that, but this year I wanted a year of no-pressure reading. No "real" goals, no arcs, just reading what I wanted to read, when I wanted to read it. So I set my goal at 50 and didn't even think about it. It's been great. :) And I'll probably do the same for next year. Sounds like you won't have any trouble at all getting through just 10 more books this month. I hope the Traci Douglas book is a good one. It's always exciting to find a new author to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I started Transcendence and was loving and then got distracted gotta go back to it! I'm sure you'll reach your GR goal too! Go Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're doing really well with your reading this year. I know that once I get a full time job, I won't read as much, so I don't worry about that number too much. Just see what I can do!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with meeting your Goodreads goal! I’m 10 books away from mine, too. I’m envious that you have fall trees. We barely had any fall here because it snowed the first week of October and killed everything. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I find it easier to make my goal with audiobooks. I finished one today while doing chores and errands. I had to go out in the yard and do lots of raking because the city pickup was supposed to start today. It was also 50 and it's supposed to be 30 and snow by Sunday or at least rain. There's more to do. We seem to alternate between fall and winter in 5 day cycles right now. But this is definitely the coldest wave. Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh, Transcendence. I'm pretty sure I read the whole thing when it was a Twilight fanfiction, haha. <3 Curious about the official book :D Glad you loved it when you re-read it. <3 And ah, the Mission Impossible movies. I have not seen a single one of those, haha :D But yay for loving the latest one. Happy Holidays lovely. <3 Hope you are having the best days :D

    ReplyDelete