Friday, June 26, 2020

Audio Book Challenge Mid-Year Check-In


Hot Listens and Caffeinated Reviewer are hosting the 8th annual Audiobook Challenge for 2020 and I'm posting my Mid-Year Check-in.

I pledged the 100 Club Audio Elite, and I guess I'm a little behind since I'm only at 39 books right now.  Must step up my game!

Click here for a link to my 2020 Challenge on Goodreads.

Here are some of my favorites of the year so far:



I'm including all the Mercy Thompson books, but Moon Called is the first one. I'm currently working my way through the series for the 3rd time and I've just finished book nine. Alone in the Wild is one that I both read traditionally and then listened to the audio. The audio was fantastic with Therese Plummer narrating. Loving the Ellery Hathaway series! All the Best Lies was so good! The Lady Darby series is one I've blown through by audio. Heather Wilds' performance is wonderful! 

What about you? Did you join the challenge this year? Let me know how you're doing!


13 comments:

  1. Sounds like it's time to crank up those audio listens. :) Hope you have some great reads *and* manage to catch up on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of audiobooks. I think I listen to 3 or so a week, so, hmmm, maybe I would make it to elite status. Well, good luck! I think you can knock out 60 in 6 months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've definitely listened to less audiobooks this year. Losing my daily commute for a couple months really put a damper on my momentum there. On the other hand, I've read far more physical books than I normally would, so things are balanced out at least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've still been commuting, but because traffic has been so light my travel time has decreased making it less time I'm listening. Also, I sprained my ankle about 8 weeks ago and I listen while hiking/running and I haven't been doing. Just recently started up again.

      Delete
  4. Fantastic listens. I need to try the Rockton books on audio I loved reading them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you should Kimberly! Therese Plummer narrates and she is fantastic!

      Delete
  5. A little off, but one good streak will catch you up. Nice picks for your favorites. I'll have to check out your Ellery Hathaway series. Cheering you on for the latter half.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're doing good. Good luck with the rest of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are reading some amazing listens. Good luck with your challenge!

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been getting into audiobooks these last few month, and am always looking for recommendations. Thanks for sharing Rachel! I'm adding these to mu audible wishlist!!!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete