Sunday, June 5, 2022

Sunday Post #164

 

The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer book blog, and is a post to recap my bookish and non-bookish things from the last week.

I'm skipped last weeks Sunday Post because we were in Montana. (some views from my hiking below). We flew back into LAX on Monday and I hope it's the last time in my life I have to land at that airport! So much construction and so busy and the automated parking thing overcharged us $50 but there was such a line we just said screw it! However, Montana was gorgeous and we had a great time even though the timing was kind of inconvenient with our house closing Friday while we were there. Did some horseback riding (my Instagram photo below) with my daughter and a friend, and then took my four-year-old granddaughter down to the stables and she got to pet, feed, and ride a horse too! It was so special to see that! She came back and asked her dad "Daddy, will you order me a horse?". Ha! Like you can get one on Amazon or something. We all laughed. 

I have one more drive down to Southern California on Tuesday, I work my last day there on Wednesday, while my husband starts loading our moving truck and we head to Northern California for good! In the meantime we've been taking boxes we already brought up here over to the new *to us* house and have been working on a laundry list of chores to prepare for our official move in. 

Needless to say I haven't had the mental space to read or blog! I'm sorry I've been absent, but I'll be visiting blogs today and I hope to get more steady on posting again!




Read:
(Click on cover for Goodreads link)


Not much read for two weeks. Loved Midnight Dunes and Night Shift was entertaining. Strangers in Paradise was a bit of a letdown after enjoying the first two books in the series.

Received/Purchased/Library Lend:


Instagram:






How's your week been?




20 comments:

  1. Great photos. I can't imagine having time to blog when you're making a big move. And you are almost ready with the job move. Hopefully you will like the new location for work. I'm debating about reading the Julie Garwood book. Of course I got Storm Echo.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a struggle, Anne! I can't wait until life is more settled.

      Delete
  2. Glad you had such a good time in Montana! I love going horsebackriding. And good luck with the move this week. I hope all goes well. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ride was the highlight of my trip for sure! Such beautiful open spaces and the weather was interesting. Thank you, Lark!

      Delete
  3. Your photos are amazing, and I love hearing about your granddaughter asking for a horse. So cute! I hope your final days in So Co and the move go well. It must be exciting to think about not having to fly north on the weekends to see your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sam! I'm excited to be closer to the family for sure!

      Delete
  4. Your Montana trip sounded wonderful, and I love the photos! I enjoyed The Night Shift. Good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice! Yes, the Night Shift was good. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. I am just loving the pictures of Montana, its a beautiful state! I have enjoyed the Laura Griffin books that I have read. I hope you enjoy that Nalini Singh, I thought it was such a fun one,.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those photos of Montana are gorgeous. I'll be driving through Montana later this month. LAX has been horrible for decades! I bet you're glad to be out of SoCal

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have been amazed had you been able to keep blogging and visiting through a vacation trip, house move, and job transfer. I've only flown into LAX once and that was enough. Your grandkid is cute- look out world. :) Way to go getting three books polished off. Hope the home to-do list goes smoothly for you.

    I snagged Storm Echo and Remember Love, too.

    Have a good week, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, LAX is no fun. That's not my grandchild, that's me in the photo. My granddaughter is 4 years old, lol!

      Delete
  8. Looks beautiful there. Love the pics! And good luck with the move- I hope it goes really smoothly. I bet you guys can't wait to get all moved in!

    Midnight Dunes does sound really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great time in MT, Rachel. But what a crock with the parking overcharge at LAX. Ugh! Too cute that your granddaughter asked her daddy to order a horse. Can he get that on Prime? LOL I hope your week is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those pictures!!!!

    LAX...yah...I think there were two times when I tried to save someone money by having them fly into LAX instead of Burbank, which is like 5 minutes from my apartment. Both times I was like WHY DID I DO THAT??? No amount of money is worth the hassle of LAX if there's another option.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very busy it sounds like! Hopefully things will chill out for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww I wanna ride Foo
    Sometimes you need a break from blogging

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with the move! It sounds exhausting but it'll be awesome once you're settled in.

    ReplyDelete