Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Review: Lovelight Farms by B.K. Borison

 

Lovelight Farms (Lovelight #1) by B.K. Borison
Publication Date: November 10th 2021/June 6th 2023 Paperback by Berkley Books
Pages: 336
Source: Publisher 
Rating: 
Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | Goodreads

My Thoughts:
Lovelight Farms was such a dreamy and sweet romance! Best-friends-to-lovers is one of my favorite tropes and from the first few pages you know Stella and Luka are meant to be! The yearning on Stella’s part for Luka made me ache for her, but she didn’t want to push and then lose her best friend. How they didn’t clue in earlier was beyond me, but Stella’s situation with the farm was the perfect nudge for these two.

Stella had her work cut out for her, keeping the farm afloat. There were issues that pointed to sabotage and was a bit of a mystery.

I loved the Christmas tree farm setting! I could picture smelling the pine, sipping on some hot chocolate while strolling down the tree aisles! Lovelight Farms was just like a Hallmark movie romance but with some sizzle!  A definite recommend!

4 Stars


Book Description:

A pasture of dead trees. A hostile takeover of the Santa barn by a family of raccoons. And shipments that have mysteriously gone missing. Lovelight Farms is not the magical winter wonderland of Stella Bloom’s dreams.
 
In an effort to save the Christmas tree farm she’s loved since she was a kid, Stella enters a contest with Instagram-famous influencer Evelyn St. James. With the added publicity and the $100,000 cash prize, Stella might just be able to save the farm from its financial woes. There’s just one problem. To make the farm seem like a romantic destination for the holidays, she lied on her application and said she owns Lovelight Farms with her boyfriend. Only…there is no boyfriend.

Enter best friend Luka Peters. He just stopped by for some hot chocolate and somehow got a farm and a serious girlfriend in the process. But fake dating his best friend might be the best Christmas present he’s ever received.



15 comments:

  1. Adding to my list. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have several of Borison's book on my TBR list. All the reviews I've read seem so positive about her Lovelight romances. Can't wait to check them out. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a dreamy friends-to-lovers romance! Hope you enjoy it too, Lark! Looking forward to your thoughts. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm going to read this one as part of the Christmas in July which is a RAT for COYER in July so I'm saving it. But I'm looking forward to it especially knowing you liked it.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yay! Hope you love it, too, Anne. I look forward to your thoughts.

      Delete
  4. My daughter read this one and really liked it, too! I hope to get to it someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you do, too, Carole. They have the audios at my library so it was easy to squeeze in.

      Delete
  5. Glad you loved this one so much. I may try it around Christmas time, we shall see. You know me and these covers haha I do like the idea of the setting of this one though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you don't like those covers, but I actually like this one and the romance was very sweet!

      Delete
  6. A Christmas tree farm, how cute. This sounds like a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *High five* fellow friends-to-lovers lover. My fave too. I remember adoring Luka and his family. And he was a patient man.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice review, Rachel. I also enjoyed this one and am looking forward to listening to the next two in the series.

    ReplyDelete