The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer book blog, and is a post to recap my bookish and non-bookish things from the last week. I'm also linking up to The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance @Readerbuzz.
It was a busy week and I worked yesterday which is one of the reasons I'm getting this up late.
Our neighbor has several plum trees and asked if we wanted to pick some, so my husband and I went over and got a big bag full. I finally had some time on Friday so we started the process of making jam. Had a some kinks in the process and got one batch finished yesterday after work.
1000 Piece Puzzle Completed: Surfside Bungalow by Galison
Puzzle 43 of 2026
Trying to get my summer puzzles done before I start bringing out the fall themed ones!
Read:
Murder in Blackfriars by Jennifer Ashley-4 Stars
The Romance Revival by Christina Lauren-3.5 Stars
Angel Heist by Brian Andrews & Jeffrey Wilson-3 Stars
Received:
Rapport: Friendship, Solidarity, Communion, Empathy (Murderbot Diaries #2.5) by Martha Wells
The Damage Man (Orphan X #11.5) by Gregg Hurwitz
The Oxford Guide to Scandal (The Oxford Guide #1) and Lies by Kate Westbury
Thank you to Macmillan Audio!













Oh, plum jam. Wonderful.I love plums and here is another use for them!
ReplyDeleteI was just observing the longer shadows from our neighbors house in the yard and thinking of the days getting shorter- plus lots of cicada buzzing out there to remind me fall is around the corner.
ReplyDeleteYour summer puzzle is cute. I just dropped off two boxes of puzzles to the senior center that I did this past spring and summer. Looking forward to my fall and winter-themed ones, too.
Yummo for the fresh plum jam you made.
Have a good week, Rachel!
If you painted my house pink, it would be Surfside Bungalow. The plum jam looks delicious. I'm very jealous of your cool nights.
ReplyDeleteI love reading about all the stuff you make. It's the only way to really know what you're eating - pick it and process it yourself.
ReplyDeleteI used to do jams. My daughter's favorite is the raspberry. I used to make it around the 4th of July and then again around Labor Day because that is when the raspberry harvests were. Great to see you on the chat! I LOVED The Damage Man. It looks like the next Maggie is the second half of 2027 without a firm date yet.
ReplyDeleteAnne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post
Looks like you had a great week there. Jams can be such fun to do and thats super neat you and your husband did it together!!! And yes the days are slowly becoming shorter and I am not ready even though I love fall lol Glad to see that you enjoyed that Jennifer Ashley! Hope this week you pick up some good ones.
ReplyDelete