Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Waves of Fiction 2015 Reading Challenge - Team Update

It's time for our Waves of Fiction 2015 Reading Challenge Update!
Several of us at Waves of Fiction started this reading challenge at the beginning of the year. To learn more about it, you can go HERE for the details. 

Well, this month started off pretty good, so let's share with you how much we've accomplished.
I was able to complete 5 books towards this challenge so far, including:
A book set in the Summer - Love Irresistibly by Julie James
A book with a rating higher than 4.25 on GR - Never Never by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher
A book by a new-to-you author - The Tyrant's Daughter by J.C. Carleson
A book with a military theme - Full Measures by Rebecca Yarros
A book with more than 300 pages - All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

At this pace, I might be able to make a decent dent in my board by the summer time! 

In February, I'd really like to try knocking out some of the challenges in the "Place" category. I've been wanting to reading Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. I'd also like to tackle a historical fiction book that would fall under "a book set in the past." If you have any good recommendations, please let me know! 
I completed only one category this month.
A book with a one word title - Forbidden by Kimberley Griffiths Little
Next month I plan to really get my reading bookies in gear and knock off at least three more categories.  A few categories are stumping me and are really going to make me venture into different reading genres which is a good thing I think!  I'm really excited to tackle more of this challenge and see where all my blog partners are with theirs!


So I was able to get three categories knocked off:

A book set in a small town - Sweet Surprise by Candis Terry
A book set in Scotland/Highlands - Unbound by Cara McKenna
A book published more than 10 years ago - Cry No More by Linda Howard
I loved all three books, my review for Sweet Surprise is already up, and my review for Cry No More will be up next week. I like this challenge because it's making me look for reads in my TBR that I may not have picked up otherwise!





3 comments:

  1. love this challenge!

    here's how I'm doing so far:

    A book with a rating higher than 4.25 on GR - Never Never by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher
    A book set in Scotland/Highlands - Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
    A book set in another country (Ireland) - Better Off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg
    A book with time travel - Voyager by Diana Gabaldon
    A third book in a series - Falling for Jillian (Love Under the Big Sky #3)
    by Kristen Proby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Eva! You're doing awesome! I think I want to try Outlander also. Thank you for joining in on the challenge with us! XD

      Delete
    2. It is definitely different -- I read the first three books and have such mixed emotions. At time, elation but then I was so frustrated! I'm on the fence about reading book 4 so I'm taking a break. The books are also SUPER long so I don't want to get further behind on my TBR!

      Delete