Sunday, February 7, 2021

Sunday Post #108

 


The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer book blog, and is a post to recap my bookish and non-bookish things from the last week.

Well, the weather has been beautiful this weekend. We were up at our place in Central California again Thursday and Friday enjoying the mountains and our grandkids. We sat by the outdoor fire to extend our outdoor time, as it got chilly in the late afternoon and barbequed. Came back early yesterday and I spent most of the day reading. I'll probably read most of the day today while my husband watches The Superbowl. I've been told the teams playing, but now I can't remember, lol!

Read:
Click on cover for Goodreads link:

As I said, I spent most of the day reading yesterday. I had started The Night Swim last week, but then had to put it aside for other review books, but my husband and I started it on our little getaway and continued listening on the way home. I switched to my e-copy when we got home and read straight through. Wow! Soooo good! I hope we get more of Rachel Krall and her investigative podcast in the future!

Received/Purchased/Library Lend:


I'm excited for all these. I guess I'm a mystery sort of mood!

Watched:
 
Not much other than old standbys like Forensic Files and Heartland.





How was your week?


24 comments:

  1. Sounds like your getaway was wonderful! I laughed at the part about the super bowl. I don't care either. I have laundry and reading to do. I always see the cute covers for Sarah Morgan's books, but have yet to read one, though I think I might like her books. Hope all your new ones are hits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd like Sarah Morgan! She's right up your alley. Me too! Thanks, Sam! :)

      Delete
  2. Awwww a nice barbecue, that does sound nice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see survivors was a 4 start! I really want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have really wanted to read The Night Swim. I love outdoor fires and family time, so wonderful you had great weather and time to read.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally recommend The Night Swim! Thanks Anne! It was a nice weekend.

      Delete
  5. I read The Night Swim, it was intense! Also really looking forward to Local Woman Missing. I love Mary Kubica. Enjoy your upcoming week. Sounds like you're one of the only folks with nice weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was intense! I don't think I've ever read Mary Kubrica, but Local Woman Missing sounded really good. I caught a bit of the news today and just realize that a lot of the country has some pretty cold weather. We are lucky with our winters. Not so much with our summers. Thank you! You too!

      Delete
  6. Oh that sounds so nice! We got dumped on with snow here so your weekend sounds better weather wise! :)

    Local Woman and Night Swim both look really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've heard a lot of the country got some pretty intense winter storms and cold.

      I hope they're both hits! I think you'd love The Night Swim, Greg.

      Delete
  7. Yay for nice weather. I'm ready for it to get warmer out. I loved The Night Swim - I'd like more of Rachel and her podcast too.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good, right?! I tried to see if there was any news about future Rachel Krall books but didn't see anything. Fingers crossed!

      Delete
  8. I've heard a lot about Mary Kubica and have previously loved novels by Laura Griffin, enjoy ! We had a mild weather here last week (cut the heating off during the day !) and now, we had snow yesterday and it looks like we'll be freezing the next weeks. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're pretty fortunate with our winters in California. Summers are another story. You, too! :)

      Delete
  9. Your getaway sounds wonderful. And much needed, I'm sure. I did watch the Super Bowl but honestly it was rather boring. I enjoyed our Super Bowl snacks more than the game. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I came down and watched half-time, but that was my extent of Super Bowl watching, lol.

      Delete
  10. Lovely getaway and fun stack of mysteries you've got. I sat and read through the Superbowl while my husband watched. I didn't have a horse in the race so wasn't that interested.

    Have a good week, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I popped in and out and watched half-time. Love The Weekend! Thanks! You too, Sophia! :)

      Delete
  11. Have a good time with the grandkids. I don't watch football or any sports.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad to hear you loved The Night Swim! It was one of my favorites last year. A getaway sounds perfect. We just got a new puppy last weekend, so it will be a while before we're able to get away again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a powerful read! Oh yes, puppies are a lot of work at first, but happy work! I hope you share a photo.

      Delete