Friday, October 22, 2021

Mini Review: Well Matched by Jen DeLuca

 

Well Matched (Well Met #3) by Jen DeLuca
Publication Date: October 19th 2021 by Berkley
Pages: 336
Source: Publisher
Rating: ½
Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | Goodreads

My Thoughts:
Loved Mitch and this was unexpectedly hot in places, but April was frustrating, and not only with Mitch. 

I can understand being a little hesitant about the age difference, especially if she was worried about Mitch eventually wanting kids, but ten years isn’t hardly anything especially when he’s thirty and you’re forty. I didn’t like that April was so closed off, even with her family and the other women she was in book club with. And come on, you can’t stock beer in the fridge for the guy helping you renovate your house? That really got to me because it was such a small thing to show gratefulness and she wouldn’t do it.

I sounds like I didn’t enjoy the story at all, but there was a lot to like as well: Mitch and April in a fake romance that was clearly more, and they were deliciously hot together! Fun times at the Ren Faire, seeing Emily and Simon happy and in love. 

3.5 Stars




13 comments:

  1. Will check this out. Thank you so much for sharing. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't like the second book in this series as much as I did the first one, but I'm excited to read this one just because it's Mitch... and I really want to read his happy ending, you know? (Even if April is frustrating.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this series on my TBR, I can't wait to be able to have the time to get to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah a ten year age difference isn't much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit, this was my favorite of the series. I think it's because I felt such a kinship with April. I was 22 and left when I was pregnant, I understand your whole life being about your kid and making all your decisions based on what's best for the kid. I also understood feeling a bit lost when the person that was your whole world leaves for college. I thought DeLuca did a great job, but maybe that's because I had so much insight?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed it so much, Sam! It's interesting how stories affect us all differently. I was happy with how it all turned out, and Mitch was a joy!

      Delete
  6. This is on my TBR, I really hope I like it but I've seen so much mixed stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Frustrating characters aside, I still think this would be a cute read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Characters who make a huge deal out of an age difference (when they're both adults) is a pet peeve of mine. But I have loved Mitch in the previous books so I'm excited to dive into this one, anyway. At least I know to expect that going in. And hopefully my hold on the audio version will be in soon!

    ReplyDelete