Sunday, October 10, 2021

Sunday Post #139

 

The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer book blog, and is a post to recap my bookish and non-bookish things from the last week.





We're in Lake Tahoe/Truckee, California right now with my daughter, SIL, their kids, and their friends with kids. The weather has been beautiful, we got snow the first morning that mostly melted by the afternoon and fall colors everywhere. With four kids all under the age of ten there's been a lot of activity. Playing crazy eights, riding around their scooters (I run to keep up, lol) and today we're supposed to go the the park, maybe get lunch and then pack up and head to the airport. We have a late flight and I have to work tomorrow. I'm tired just thinking about it, lol. Needless to say I haven't had much time for reading or blogging.

Read:
(Click on cover for Goodreads link)

Enjoyed Aspen Crossroads. I don't seek out Christian romance, but I had read one other book by this author and it wasn't overwhelming. I finished Tangle of Need book eleven of the Psy-Changeling series. The romance was good, but I found the ongoing story arc more interesting. I can't wait to start the next one! I already have the audio loaded on my phone. 

Received/Purchased/Library Lend:



Love Allison Brennan's mysteries so I was excited to get The Sorority Murder. Sara Richardson is a new-to-me-author, so I'm hoping Last Dance with a Cowboy works out. I'm a huge fan of Kelley Armstrong's Rockton series so I was thrilled to get approval on the newest! Heart of Obsidian promises to be an exciting installment in the Psy-Changeling series with war on the horizon. I'm in the mood for a spooky read and saw An Inquiry into Love and Death by Simone St. James on Lark's blog so I requested the audio from my library. Downloaded and ready to go.

Instagram:

The Santa Suit was my first time reading Mary Kay Andrews. Such a sweet holiday novella! 






How was your reading week?


19 comments:

  1. Oh, what a fun trip, and what great pics. I'd love to go on a small vacation but I can't wrap my head around the costs. I hope you get to everything on your bucketlist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You already got snow in Lake Tahoe??? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh look at that snow! Looks like a lovely time. Safe travels coming back. And I'm excited about the new Armstrong book too- I love that series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I'm glad you had a nice trip, looks fun! You have some GREAT books on the horizon. I didn't get approved for the Allison Brennan ebook but I will try for the audio. Heart of Obsidian is awesome. Now I just want to read them all until I've read them all. I think I will get through the later books quickly.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy the Truckee area and it would be so pretty this time of the year. Glad you had a good time with family and friends. I had the same reaction to Tangle of Need and got so excited for Kaleb's book. Hope you love it. The Simone St. James looks good. Yay, I got approved for the next Rockton, too.

    Have a great week, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg, snow already! nice views. enjoy your haul :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so lucky you got a copy of Armstrong's next Rockton book to read. I love that series! And I hope you enjoy An Inquiry Into Love and Death. Have a great week. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would kill for some snow right now lol. Honestly anything to be rid of this Texas summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a busy but fun filled week with the family. Love seeing snow there. I adored Heart of Obsidian.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved all your pictures (here and on IG). Sounds like a fun getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm jealous you got to see snow!! Its still 80 degrees here and I am 100% over it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Tahoe area, but haven't been there in years! Nice haul!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lake Tahoe sounds wonderful and nice photos! I have a copy of the Mary Kay Andrews book as well from NetGalley, I'm aiming to read it next month.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw the snowy pictures on Instagram and had to show my husband. It was in the mid-80's here that day. lol Looks gorgeous, though, and it sounds like you got lots of family/friends time. Hope you weren't too exhausted the next day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like an exhausting but fun time away! I'd love to see some snow soon... We haven't had snow in a couple of years now. :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. Still can't believe the snow...I should not jinx it *looks around scared*

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm insanely jealous of all the snow and fall colors! Such beauty!

    ReplyDelete