Saturday, October 30, 2021

Sunday Post #141

 

The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer book blog, and is a post to recap my bookish and non-bookish things from the last week.

I'm currently in Oregon on vacation with the hubby. Just the two of us. There was a lot of rain right before we got here but it's been sunny with a few clouds, cold, but beautiful. Driving from the Portland airport to Willamette Valley was breathtaking! I don't think I've ever seen a more beautiful display of Fall colors! I thought we'd be a bit late, but it turns out we timed it just right. 

We're visiting the Evergreen Aviation Museum with the Spruce Goose tomorrow. I'm excited to see the plane Howard Hughes dreamed up! 

Elizabeth Chambers Cellars

Laurel Ridge Winery


Read:
Click on cover for Goodreads link

The Jill Shalvis was a collection of fun novellas. Heart of Obsidian was amazing! It's tied for favorite of the series with Kiss of Snow. Which reminds me I need to request the next one.  I adore The Wyoming Cowboy series! I've read all but the first book and loved every one! 


Received/Purchased/Library Lend:


It's been a million years since I read Patricia Cornwell, way before Goodreads. Autopsy sounded good and I'm excited to catch up with Kay Scarpetta. I noticed Ilona Andrews tweeted that the ARC for Fated Blades was up on Netgalley as "Read Now" for the first 250 readers and I was able to get a copy! Score! Of course I didn't know there were two books already published in the series, but luckily my library had both available, so I'm excited to dive in. Somehow I missed a series from on of my all-time favorite authors! They're relatively short books so I should be able to breeze right through them. 

Instagram:





How was your week?





30 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! I hope you two are having an amazing time. You convinced me to try Holly Jolly Cowboy. I started the audiobook yesterday. There's some serious tension between those two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they were very much enemies at first. Hope you love it, Sam!

      Delete
  2. Oregon looks great. My nephew went to school there, and i was so close to visiting there and I know one improviser who lives out there as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great vacay! I love fall color and it's finally starting here in NC.

    We really enjoy the same things! I missed the Fated Blades announcement but have already read the first two books. I was able to request Fated Blades on audio though. I have been enjoying the Wyoming Cowboy series too. And Heart of Obsidian is the book I was waiting for, but it only gets better from here forward!

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice, Anne! I would've liked to listen on audio. I read a post on how they picked the narrator. That reminds me, I need to request the next Psy-Changeling book!

      Delete
  4. Oregon sounds beautiful! I hope you are having a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures! I read Holiday Ever After also, and enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pictures are gorgeous Rachel! It seems Oregon is beautiful this time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really pretty right now, but it is at other times of the year too. At least it was every other time we've been.

      Delete
  7. Have an awesome time in Oregon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are so many good ones in the Psy Changeling series. But I really had a blast with Obsidian. Looks like so much fun traveling in Oregon with your man. Hope you have been enjoying your Halloween Vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow beautiful pics! I love the autumn colors. Looks gorgeous there.

    Hope our reads are all good. Look What You Made Me Do has quite the cover! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Greg. I just finished Look What You Made Me Do last night and loved it!! Nice and suspenseful!

      Delete
  10. Oregon looks gorgeous and how cool that you got to see the Spruce Goose. I loved Kaleb's book, too. I hope I get picked for Fated Blades. I've read the first in the series and it was a neat sci-fi world.

    Have a good week, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Spruce Goose was so neat, and sooo big! I hope you get Fated Blades, too. I need to read the first two books, but they seem like quick reads.

      Delete
  11. Aw, I hope you have a wonderful vacation. I could use some time away myself! LOL


    Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lauren! We all need some R & R from time to time. Hope you get some. :)

      Delete
  12. I hope you're having a wonderful time in Oregon, Rachel! The photos of the foliage is just stunning! So glad the timing was just right. Seeing your holiday reads makes me want to dive into some!

    ReplyDelete