Sunday, November 14, 2021

Sunday Post #143

 

The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer book blog, and is a post to recap my bookish and non-bookish things from the last week.

It was a hell of a work week for me since my co-worker was on vacation and the person supposed to cover her called out. I was by myself struggling to keep up with a patient load meant for two. I was so glad when Thursday was over. I don't work Fridays. Thank goodness.

Friday we drove up to Fresno California to meet our daughter and SIL with the kids to see a Fresno State Football game on Saturday. My SIN is friends with the quarterback and the family and we had a couple of dinners with them, a "tailgate" party and cheered the team on Saturday night. They won and we all went out after the game. It was a lot of fun. My first time ever attending a football game in person so it was a neat experience! 

Read:
Click on cover for Goodreads link:

Needless to say I didn't get much reading done, but what I did read I loved. A Christmas Courtship by Shelley Shepard Gray, a new-to-me author was lovely and Getting Real was really good, too! Love Andi Ardnt and Zachary Webber's narration!

Received/Purchased/Library Lend:


I borrowed an audio copy to continue the read-along hosted by Anne @Books of My Heart. I'm loving the story already!

Instagram:




I meant to post more, but I was just too tired. Love the Fall vibes from A Stranger in Town! 



How was your week?



27 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend, especially after a tough week at work. Relaxing with the family is always a good reward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice weekend, but not much relaxing, lol! I can't wait until Wednesday night. I have Thursday and Friday off and I'm staying home!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad your terrible week at work is over now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great how you have long weekends and get to enjoy your family times. I LOVE Vasic. I'm just starting the final book today with Berls. I grew up in a small town in Iowa with football every Friday night for years. I was in the marching / pep band. There's nothing like it.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally loving Vasic and Ivy! I don't want to stop listening!

      It was a neat experience! Even more so because we know the QB and his family. Nice that you were in the marching band! They seemed to have endless energy!

      Delete
  4. Getting Real is on my TBR! And i'd love to go to a football game!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew, yeah, that would make a rush of a work shift. Glad it's over for you. What a fun weekend! I've never been to a big college or pro football game either so I can imagine your excitement at the experience and seeing friends and family.

    Glad your two reads were really good and yay for getting to Shield of Winter. I love that one so much.

    Have a good week, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so glad last week is over! The game and activities were a lot of fun!

      I'm loving Shield of Winter!

      Delete
  6. I hope your co-worker is back this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She'll be back tomorrow. Thankfully her fill-in for today didn't cancel!

      Delete
  7. I only really enjoy live sports. It's the energy and the crowd. Sounds like fun and always better when your team wins. Wow! I cannot believe you had to work all week on your own. How rude! Well deserved weekend for you. It's been a while since I read any Emma Chase. I need to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun. My co-worker left on a last minute vacation to visit her brother whom she hasn't seen in over 5 years because of Covid and other international stuff. I was happy for her, but not happy her fill-in canceled last minute. Such a stressful week, but I'm happy it's over.

      I loved Getting Real! Hope you get to it, Sam.

      Delete
  8. oh yay Rachel for football wins!! I love those games and seeing it live is so different than anything you can experience on TV. I am curious about Getting Real (I loved the first two but I was disappointed by the cover, doesn't really match the first two haha )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It was a lot of fun. Getting Real was really good. The audio performance made it even better, IMO. Hope you like it too, Renee!

      Delete
  9. I'm sorry you had to work by yourself. I know what it's like when someone doesn't show up to work and you're forced to work that day. Hope your week gets better!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ronyell! I'm so happy last week is over. I'm still tired, lol!

      Delete
  10. I also love to go to live football games. Sounds like you had a great time. I hope your work week is much better this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my first experience and a lot of fun. So far so good! My co-worker is back tomorrow, so yay!

      Delete
  11. Oh that reminds me I need the new Rockton book! And that does sound like a tough week! I hope you had a nice weekend.

    The game sounds fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited for the new Rockton and I just got another hardcover for my shelf yesterday. Thank you, Greg! You too!

      Delete
  12. Oh gosh, one person doing a workload for two sounds awful. I'm glad you had a nice weekend after all that at least.

    Lauren @ www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, so not fun, but thankfully over! Thank you, Lauren! :)

      Delete
  13. Sounds like a tough week at work. I'm glad you had a fund weekend!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Being short staffed like that I'm sure was hard and stressful.

    ReplyDelete