Sunday, March 12, 2023

Sunday Post #198

 

The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer book blog, and is a post to recap my bookish and non-bookish things from the last week.

It's been a busy week. Last Saturday we left our home and went to stay with my sister since we had been without power and internet for a week. There was another storm set to hit so we got out when we could so we wouldn't be snowed in and not be able to make our flights to Cabo San Lucas this last Thursday. We had this trip already planned before knowing about the storms. Little did we know how much we'd appreciate a tropical vacation! Hopefully, by the time we get back things will be more back to normal. We found out the power at our house came on yesterday. Still, no internet up there. 





Read:
(Click on cover for Goodreads link)

Packing, work and a doctor appointment took up all my time and so I only read two books last week, but I enjoyed both. 

Received/Purchased/Library Lend:


One audio ARC and one library lend. I'm listening to Everyone in my Family Has Killed Someone, but not sure I'll be able to finish before it's due back. So much going on with two grandkids and family that it's hard to do any reading whether by audio or Kindle. I hope I get to finish because I'm really liking it!



Instagram:





How was your week?




15 comments:

  1. Cabo looks nice! I need to book a trip! :) And glad to hear things are getting back to normal at home- hopefully the internet follows suit.

    Take care and enjoy the rest of the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good time to escape to Cabo! Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad all the timing worked out for you to go to Cabo. I am thinking I want to read the Ruby Spencer book still.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cabo and sunshine sound pretty darn good right now! Have a terrific time!
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect time to be in Cabo! Enjoy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great time for a trip to Cabo. Looks beautiful. I hope you are having a wonderful and relaxing time. May your trip be a safe one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does sound like it was the perfect time to go somewhere tropical! I sure hope that my husband and I will be able to go on a trip at some point. It doesn't look like it will happen this year. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow so beautiful! Love that you were able to do a trip like that. Love the lily pads! I have been hearing great things about that Diana Biller, so I can't wait for your review! Hope you have a wonderful week and get some good reads in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photos are amazing! I'm so glad you're enjoying your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopefully things are back to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just the bold color and light makes a contrast from your tropical Cabo and wintry north. Glad you're enjoying it and got your electricity back.

    Have a good week, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your photos are so pretty! I hope you enjoy your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a perfectly timed vacation! Hoping all will be back to normal when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you had a great vacation. A tropical destination sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete