Monday, October 16, 2023

Top Ten Tuesday: Books With Weather Events in the Title or on the Cover

 

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Artsy Reader where each week they post a new top ten list and ask fellow bookish folk to share their lists on that topic. 


This week Books With Weather Events in the Title or on the Cover:

This prompt was harder than I thought it would be, only because I wanted to list some variety. I can't tell you how many books in my "Read" list that contained the word "storm"! I exercised some restraint and listed only one. I've read all the books pictured below:

(Click on cover for Goodreads link)


Sandra Brown is the queen of romantic suspense/mysteries. Remember loving Chill Factor, although I listened to it years ago. She kept me guessing at every turn!

Of course, I had to list Storm Cursed because Mercy Thompson! One of my all-time favorite series! 

I love survival in the face of bleak weather conditions and Whiteout was so good! 

I read Tempest in 2011 after winning it in a Goodreads giveaway! Do you ever read your older reviews? Sometimes I cringe. This one wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be.



Wolf Rain by Nalini Singh is one of my favs in her Psy-Changling Trinity series.

Trapped by a dangerous storm in the Teton Mountains, our heroine in Black Ice is forced to serve as guide down the mountain by a couple of villains. So good! I read this back in 2014 but I guess I didn't review it. I did attend the author event for it back then and wrote about it and the inspiration behind the book on The Readers Den, where I used to blog.

I loved Jo Goodman's Cowboys of Colorado series. A western historical romance, A Touch of Frost is the first book in the series.

These next ones are weather events on the cover:


The Christmas Escape displays a winter wonderland. One of my favorites from Sarah Morgan! 

 Lightening on Out of Nowhere.

The Dry represents the dangerous drought conditions described in the story. A great series!




33 comments:

  1. I read about Tempest back when it was a newer release! Even though it wasn't one I read, it's funny how familiar a book can be even if we haven't read it. All due to social media hype I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was big back when it came out. I loved it, but never finished the series.

      Delete
  2. That Storm Cursed cover is intriguing! Here's my TTT: https://bonniereadsandwrites.com/2023/10/17/top-ten-tuesday-books-with-weather-events-in-the-title-toptentuesday/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was sooo good! Part of one of my all-time favorite series!

      Delete
  3. Fun seeing your picks, Rachel! I've had Whiteout sitting on my shelf for a while now but have not got to it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tanya! I hope you enjoy it if you ever pick it up. :)

      Delete
  4. Storm Cursed has such a cool cover .

    Here is my Top Ten Tuesday post.

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Rachel! I put Whiteout on my list this week, too. :D And I love the cover of The Christmas Escape. My library has that one so I might be checking it out this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike! :) The Christmas Escape is one of my favorite from Morgan! I highly recommend it.

      Delete
  6. You win for the ones I've seen today as I've read 6 of these. Many of the others I haven't read any.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not surprised since we seem to love the same books! :)

      Delete
  7. All of these are perfect for today, but I especially like the Tempest cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a good story too! I never finished the series.

      Delete
  8. An interesting list. I struggled with this prompt. I didn't think I would 🤣
    Have a great week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2023/10/17/top-ten-tuesday-books-with-weather-events-in-the-title-on-the-cover/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it seems like it would be an easy one and it would've been if I wanted to use "storm" in all my choices, lol! You too!

      Delete
  9. You did a good job finding books to fit the theme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary! It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.

      Delete
  10. Whiteout has been on my list for a while, and love the cover of Tempest! Chill Factor makes me cold just looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to pick up Whiteout someday. I actually think Tempest would be a really fun read for you! Same! :)

      Delete
  11. The tempest is a good one. Such a unique weather event.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am not sure if I have read Chill Factor or not. I wish that I had kept track of my reading before Goodreads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Carole. There are a bunch of books I've read that are not on GRs. All the Agatha Christie books that I read as well as ones like Preston Child, Patricia Cornwell, Baldacci and others. I'd add them, but I don't know how to rate each one because I can't remember the plots from so long ago.

      Delete
  13. I need to get caught up on Mercy Thompson one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh! I need to read Patricia Briggs' books again! Great list!

    Here’s my TTT

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a fun one! Add Mindy Mejia's latest To Catch a Storm into the fray. It is also a great thriller!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great choices. I loved Storm Cursed and Wolf Rain.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a nice variety of weather-themed books you found!

    ReplyDelete