Friday, January 5, 2024

Mini Review: Thanksgiving Blessing by Marta Perry

 

Thanksgiving Blessing (The Promise Glen #6) by Marta Perry
Publication Date: October 24th 2023 by Berkley & Tantor Audio
Pages: 272
Source: Publisher & Library audio
Rating: ½
Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo Audible | Goodreads

My Thoughts:
Nate inherits the property next to Becca’s and they get off on the wrong foot when he proposes to buy her farmstand and she has no intention of selling. Of course, there’s a romance brewing that neither wants to acknowledge. Both are grieving the death of their mates, and Nate’s also struggling to raise his younger teenage brother. They end up helping each other, growing close along the way.

I enjoyed seeing Becca and Nate’s feelings grow, and each helping each other without taking over. Becca needed that with her mother’s doubts over her handling the orchard on her own and Nate needed to realize he could do a good job with his brother. Nate’s doubts over letting love back in and his ability to care for his brother were a bit repetitive, and I wished the romance was developed more instead of one minute they’re reluctant friends/neighbors and then they’re together. I did enjoy the added bits of mystery and suspense surrounding fires and destruction in their town. The story was easy going and heartwarming with supportive family, friends and community.

I alternately read and listened to Thanksgiving Blessing. Lauren Pedersen did a wonderful job narrating. I listened at my usual 1.5x normal speed.

3.5 Stars


Book Description:

When Promise Glen is struck by a vandalism spree around the Thanksgiving holiday, a community’s values—and two weathered hearts—are put to the test.

As a widow with two-year-old twins and a struggling orchard, Rebecca King’s dreams of expanding her business seem near impossible. To make matters worse, a troublesome string of destructive acts around Promise Glen threatens her roadside fruit and vegetable stand, forcing Rebecca to accept the help of her condescending new neighbor, Nathan Mueller.

Nathan didn’t intend to offend Rebecca with his offer to share the stand, especially since he’s a widower and single parent himself. He admires Rebecca’s strength and kindness in the face of adversity. If only they hadn’t started off on the wrong foot…

Despite their best efforts to shield their hearts, working side by side through the busy harvest plants the seeds of a budding friendship. But when the vandalism spreading through Promise Glen escalates to arson and rumors blaze through the town, they’ll have to learn to rely on each other more than ever. As Thanksgiving approaches, Rebecca and Nathan are forced to reconcile with their own grief, forgive what can’t be changed, and come to truly understand the core values of the love and gratitude.




14 comments:

  1. This looks sweet. I love that you were able to enjoy both formats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review, Rachel. I also enjoy a read/listen. Too bad the romance was a bit too quick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helps to have the audio when I'm trying to read and accomplish things! It was still an enjoyable read. :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely review of this one here. I do think some Amish romance could be a bit more developed sometimes where the romance is concerned. I haven't read this author yet but would like to try her out soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read another Amish romance by her and enjoyed it. I look forward to more in the series.

      Delete
  4. I wish I'd known about this one when I was looking for some Thanksgiving-themed books to read. It sounds cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I would've reviewed it on time you would've, lol! I'm trying to catch up. :)

      Delete
  5. It's nice you can do the read/listen. I've only recently been doing that.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought this was a sweet heartwarmer and enjoyed the little suspense, too.

    Sophia Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. This story looks cute! Sometimes you don't need a lot to it, right? Easy-going can be a good way to start the new year.

    ReplyDelete