Sunday, October 4, 2026

Sunday Post #355

 


The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer book blog, and is a post to recap my bookish and non-bookish things from the last week. I'm also linking up to The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance @Readerbuzz.

Happy Sunday!

It was a hell of a week! 

I flew out to Texas on Tuesday, a last minute trip because my daughter asked me to watch the kids so she could go take care of business in Montana. I got there in the afternoon and played Uber for the kids taking them to school, cheer and football practice. I was supposed to fly home on a direct flight on Thursday. My husband had a procedure early on Friday and given that he'd be under anesthesia I needed to be there to drive him home.

 Unfortunately, Texas and surrounding states had insane storms come through on Thursday. I looked at my flight in the morning and it showed it was delayed from 5:30pm to10:30pm and it kept getting worse. It ended up corrected to 9:15pm and I boarded the plane, but last minute they had all the Northern California passengers get off to take another flight. That flight ended up full, so I was left with the option of taking three flights to eventually land at 3:30am (5:30am my time in Texas) to get home. I took it. I got home at 4:30am, slept for two hours, got up at and went with my husband to the hospital for his procedure. Got home around 12:00pm and went to bed. That was yesterday. 

I just counted and that made ten flights in the last thirty days. I don't want to see a plane or airport for a good long while!

I did have a good day today. Relaxed with my coffee, went for a run, and went to lunch with my husband. 

I work tomorrow.

Read:

The Final Final Girl by James Kaine
The Dying Light by Ann Cleeves

The Final Final Girl by James Kaine-3/3.5 Stars

I didn't get much reading done. 


Received:


Where There's Smoke (Coldren County #4) by Rachel Louise Adams
Cozy Little Christmas (Shelter Springs #4) by RaeAnne Thayne

Thank you to Minotaur Books, Macmillan Audio, MIRA and Harlequin Audio!



How was your week?







1 comment:

  1. OMG Rachel I would have died of terror! I have fear of flying so ten planes in thirty days is insame for me. I hope your husband's procedure went well!

    ReplyDelete