Friday, September 6, 2013

Reivew: Reaper's Property by Joanna Wylde

Reaper's Property (Reapers MC, #1)
Reaper's Property by Joanna Wylde
Published on  January 9th, 2013 by Ellora's Cave Publishing
About the book
Marie doesn’t need a complication like Horse. The massive, tattooed, badass biker who shows up at her brother’s house one afternoon doesn’t agree. He wants Marie on his bike and in his bed. Now.

But Marie just left her abusive jerk of an ex-husband and she’s not looking for a new man. Especially one like Horse—she doesn’t know his real name or where he lives, she’s ninety percent certain he’s a criminal and that the “business” he talks with her brother isn’t website design. She needs him out of her life, which would be a snap if he’d just stop giving her mind-blowing orgasms.

Horse is part of the Reapers Motorcycle Club, and when he wants something, he takes it. What he wants is Marie, but she’s not interested in becoming “property of”.

Then her brother steals from the club. Marie can save him by giving Horse what he wants—at home, in public, on his bike… If she’s a very, very good girl, she’ll get lots more of those orgasms only he can offer, and he’ll let her brother live.
Maybe.
My thoughts:
Okay I have to be missing something here.  For the past few months I have seen nothing but smexy bikers popping up on my GR feed and all those covers have just been making me drool!  I had absolutely no time to read all these smexy bad boy biker books so I have had to keep them in my Kindle as to read, but now I can read them and I am not sure what is wrong with me but I am just not seeing the appeal here people.  A few weeks ago I reviewed Undeniable and that one didn't work for me and I am sad to say neither did this one.  Reaper's Property was even worse!  *kicks wall*  I really REALLY want to like these books so okay for my review I am going to tell you why I didn't like it and hopefully someone out there can tell me what I need to read to feel the biker lurve!

My first problem with this one was that Horse just talked strange.  It has been explained to me that bikers tend to have very choppy sentences and in the previous biker book I read it didn't bother me too much but in this one I was pulling my hair out.  His dialogue just didn't flow right in my opinion and really neither did Marie's.  Hers wasn't choppy, but man she was crude.  I have all sorts of books from kinky to turn all the lights off and pull up the covers and I have to say I have never felt more uncomfortable reading from a woman's POV before.  I don't know if it is just me but I can only take so much of all that before I roll my eyes and go "really??!!"

My next problem was that Marie had no backbone.  Every time I would think she was going to stand her ground Horse would kiss her and she would turn to mush. EVERYTIME people!  I get that certain guys and deliver a very swoon worthy kiss, but come on woman!  Make him work for it and have some pride!!  I liked Marie, but she really needed to stand up for herself and wake up.

Oh and I don't think Max should have been forgiven.  From what I understand you aren't supposed to mess with an Old Lady and he did and he may have paid consequences but we didn't get to see those and what he did should have banned him from the MC. It totally ticked me off that Marie got BACK in the car with him after everything that went down.  NOT COOL!

The storyline was okay, just kinda there.  I will say I was blindsided by the ending.  I didn't expect what happened and the ending is getting the sun from me.  I didn't think it was possible to trick me in this one, but I was shocked and I liked the conclusion of one particular storyline. 

Okay there you, those are my main complaints.   If this is how all biker books are please let me know so I can part ways with the rest of my biker collection, but if you know of one that might make me see what everyone has been drooling over then PLEASE let me know.  I really want to feel the biker lurve!!

2 sun


4 comments:

  1. eeek! sorry this didn't work out for you. that cover is so pretty, but dang!

    (what kind of nickname is Horse anyway???)

    have you read Kristen Ashley's Chaos series? those are the first biker books that I read, and I totally love them! check out KA's Motorcycle Man too, while you're at it ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I love the cover! HAHA! I kept thinking that the whole time I was reading! I can typically warm up to most names, but Horse never worked for me. I haven't tried KA's books yet but I will definitely give them a try. Thanks for the rec!

      Delete
  2. I read this one while I was on a biker kick and unfortunately reading this one killed my desire to read another. It was like the author took all the worst parts of the biker lifestyle and tried to make them shiny and pretty. Ugh. I will be thinking three or even four times before I read another by this author. Accurate review, unfortunately. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the exact same way! It was all too pretty and I didn't buy any of it. I want grit and dangerous stuff going on, not an accountant biker who likes to create false accounts. The money should have been hid under a mattress LOL!

      Delete