Sunday, August 21, 2022

Sunday Post #173

 

The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer book blog, and is a post to recap my bookish and non-bookish things from the last week.

I skipped last weeks Sunday Post, just busy with life. We drove down to my daughter's house on Thursday afternoon. We're on our way back from our daughter's house now. We're still working on/or having work done at our new house. We had a brick walkway (see pics below) with a step put in and I can't wait to see it finished when we get home!  My husband installed a tankless water heater, replacing a 30 yr + electric water heater that ran out after about 10 gallons of hot water. Not fun. He ran the gas and water lines himself, which was no small undertaking! Originally, we wanted to have a plumber do it, but the guy after saying "I won't rip you off" quoted us $8,300 to install a $1500 tankless. Yeah, no thanks! My husband even used better/wider lines for the gas than the guy would've done. I'm thankful my husband is handy!





I'm trying to catch up with my review books for some reason I had a ton for August and while I'm excited for each and every book, I overextended myself. I'm trying to be more careful because there are several non-review books I want to get to.

Read:
Click on cover for Goodreads link


All are review books that I really enjoyed. The Couple at Number 9 was a non-review book and was excellent! Had a surprising twist that had me saying "wow"! I also had a DNF I didn't list here.

Received/Purchased/Library Lend:


In the Pines and The Lies I told are Kindle Unlimited, read and listen for free, Rainwater is a library audio I wanted to get to because I bought a physical copy from a thrift store. I love Sandra Brown!

Instagram:

My August Book of the Month choices. Two books I'm excited to read! I'll probably read by audio. 



18 comments:

  1. Sometimes doing it yourself saves a TON of money. And you know the work is quality too. That's awesome. The brick walkway is going to look nice too from the look of the pics.

    I've been looking over In The Pines, was thinking of getting that one.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always helps to have a handy husband because over $8000 for $1500 is robbery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for handy husbands! That's great he was able to do it himself. The walkway looks great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. August 23rd was a HUGE release date for my favorite authors and I'm still scrambling and a bit overcommitted myself.

    Yay for handy! There's much I want to do but have to budget my timing for it. At least it gives me plenty of time to plan. So exciting to organize at a new home!

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know it's a lot of work, but it also seems like there's a lot to look forward to with all the renovations. Glad your husband is handy, and you were able to get the water heating system done without the excessive expense. I feel you on over extending with review books. I have been tracking and limiting them this year. It's been so much better for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the new sidewalk. Couldn't see the IG pic. Happy reading!
    http://www.lyndonperrywriter.com/2022/08/sunday-book-roundup-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. $8300 does seem a little excessive. It's always nice to have a husband who can do things for less and better quality. I hope the brick walkway is to your liking. :D

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have a tankless water heater (it came with the house) and it's so nice not worrying about the hot water running out! I hope you enjoy yours

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great Monday. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The walkway is gorgeous! And thank goodness your husband is handy because that was a huge cost savings. It sounds like The Couple at Number 9 was a big hit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My husband is creating a pebble pathway through the backyard, and doing it himself, so there is a lot of digging and dirt right now. Can't wait till it's finished. Your brick walkway looks ideal.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your brick walkway looks so nice! And I can't wait to read In the Pines. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the look of that brick walkway! And kudos to your hubby on being able to do the instal of the water heater himself. I'm an ace in the kitchen, but I'm just not handy myself haha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope your walkway is finished and beautiful. I like the bricks. I listened to The Broken Girls and it was great on audio. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, definitely know what you mean on taking on a lot of reviews! The brick walkway is looking great. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh glad to hear you loved The Couple at Number 9. It looks fantastic. The brick walkway is looking nice - and definitely a plus that your husband is so handy!

    Lauren @ www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. The brick walkway looks lovely. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete