The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer book blog, and is a post to recap my bookish and non-bookish things from the last week. I'm also linking up to The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance @Readerbuzz.
Happy Sunday!
I skipped posting last week because I was out of town and it was a busy family trip. We flew from Northern California to Montana Wednesday before the Labor Day weekend and met out son and daughter, SIL, DIL and all the grandkids. We flew out with the couple we went to Italy with, our close friends who are sort of related to us. The husband is the brother to our BIL. Are you confused? I'm confused after all the chaos, haha! I had planned to fly home on Sunday, but my daughter and SIL asked if I would fly back with their kids (8 & 11yr old) back to Texas on Monday so they could stay a few days to take care of some business and the kids could go to school.
I forget how it is to have kids that age and flying with transfers back to Texas with them was a little stressful as I had to go to the gate to get our seat assignments with each flight because it was booked so late they had us separated. Plus, I wasn't familiar with the Dallas airport layout (that was our stop) and we had to catch a tram over to another terminal to get to our gate. It all worked out and we got to their house in Austin around 9:30pm. I ordered food to be there when we got home since we didn't have time to get dinner. So we didn't eat until after 10pm and the kids had to go to school the next day. Chauffeuring kids all over the place (school, cheer and football practice). I love my grandkids but I was happy to get back to my calm life on Thursday. I was gone four extra nights.
Not sure you can see, but the white stuff on the ground is hail. We had two hail storms in Montana with lightning, thunder and tons of rain. It was epic and pretty!
This is a fishing pond at the place we stay at in Montana. We had lunch and some did a bit of fishing. The weather was so nice, in the upper 60s-70s.
The fish pond is bigger than you can see here, but I thought the photo was so pretty with the reflection.
500 Piece Puzzle Completed in Texas: Literary Locations by Pippi Post. It depicts locations from Jane Austen's novels. My daughter has a ton of puzzles at her house so I had a lot to choose from. I grabbed a 500 piece because I didn't have time for anything more.
Puzzle 47 of 2026
1000 Piece Puzzle Completed: Farmers Market by Spaghetti Tree. I actually had most of this one done before we left for Montana and finished it when I got home.
Puzzle 48 of 2026
Read:
This is two weeks worth of reading.
I'll Be Watching You (Angelhart Investigations #3) by Allison Brennan-4 Stars
I read most of these before I left for Montana or on a plane. And two were novellas, one a short story!
Received:
I Am the Monster Under the Bed by Emily Zinnikas
I'll Be Watching You by Allison Brennan
After We Fall by Deborah Clack
Love Felt Like This by Julie Olivia
The Dying Light by Ann Cleeves
Thank you to St. Martin's Press, Macmillan Audio, Harlequin Audio, Hanover Square Press, Haven, Recorded Books, Great Reads Book Promotions, Berkley and Minotaur Books!
How was your week?





















I would have been so stressed in the airport Rachel!
ReplyDeleteI was! Especially flying with two kids on my own!
DeleteThe Montana scenery is very pretty.
ReplyDeleteGlad you all made it back safely.
Thanks for sharing your week, happy reading!
It is beautiful! Thanks!
DeleteMontana is lovely but I wouldn't have been excited about the Texas detour with that heat! Nice of you to help them and to spend a bit more time with the grandkids though. Enjoy things at home and the lovely weather and garden you have.
ReplyDeleteAnne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post
Yes, I wasn't thrilled with the detour! However, even with the heat the part of Texas they're in is pretty. Hill country. I love being at home, but most of my family doesn't live close, so unfortunately travel will be in my future. Ugh.
DeleteThat hail is crazy, but those pictures are beautiful. Always love seeing your puzzles. Once I have a table again I will have to get mine out.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I hope you get a table soon, puzzling is so much fun a relaxing hobby for me!
DeleteOh man, you get the prize for getting those kids home and on the school bus on time. I remember my first time through DFW airport and had to ride the tram, too. Glad you all had a lovely trip to MT. Wow, two hail storms while you were there. I've got to get to the library to check out more puzzles soon.
ReplyDeleteHave a good week, Rachel!
We have to ride a tram at the normal airport we travel from, too, but not knowing the layout with two young kids is a little daunting. Especially when you're pressed on time to get to the gate! Hope you find some great puzzles at the library! You have a good week, too, Sophia!
DeleteLovely puzzles! Hope you have a good week.
ReplyDeleteThanks! You too!
DeleteYou are a good grandma doing all that.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I was happy to help.
DeleteWow -- that was a lot of travel! Sounds very exhausting! Those pictures look amazing.
ReplyDeleteI am glad to be home after all that!
Delete