Saturday, August 29, 2015

Waves of Fiction 2015 Reading Challenge - Team Update

It's time for our Waves of Fiction 2015 Reading Challenge Update!
Several of us at Waves of Fiction started this reading challenge at the beginning of the year. To learn more about it, you can go HERE for the details. 



It's been hard to check off these last categories.  I finally found a book that's being turned into a movie that I wanted to read, and really enjoyed it! I actually listened to the audio version, and completely recommend that.  
I had to go through my list of books to find one set in summer. I didn't read it with the intention of marking it off the list, but it was fortuitously set in the Summer.  A very hot Texas Summer and pretty flipping funny! Carolyn Brown always makes me laugh.

A book that was made into a movie (although, not yet released) - The Martian by Andy Weir

I think the last spot will be super tough. 'A book most of your GR flist have read'.  I have no idea.

I'm still steadily working on my challenge.  I am finding it hard to focus on a few of the categories because they are out of my normal zone, but I am determined to finish this before the end of the year!  I think once I finally tackle these last few I will find a few new genres to explore further!  This month I did finish..
A book turned into a movie--Paper Towns by John Green


1 comment:

  1. Here is my progress since my last update in May:

    A book you shouldn’t read in public: Hot Finish (Fast Track #3) by Erin McCarthy
    A book rec'ed by a friend: After the Night by Linda Howard (Thank you, Rachel!)
    A book with a number in the title: One Plus One by Jojo Moyes
    A book that was made into a movie: If I Stay (If I Stay #1) by Gayle Forman
    A book set in another country: Once Upon a Rose by Laura Florand
    A book with a military theme: Rites of Passage by Joy N. Hensley

    Now I have three categories left, and I already chose books.

    Good luck with you spots, ladies!

    ReplyDelete