Monday, December 7, 2020

Review: You Had Me at Hockey by Kelly Jamieson

 


You Had Me at Hockey (Bears Hockey #2) by Kelley Jamieson
Publication Date: December 8th 2020 by Loveswept
Pages: 224
Source: Publisher
Rating: 

My Thoughts:
Sara’s a life blogger/influencer and is set up to interview a new to New York hockey player for a podcast where they meet. They laugh and connect with attraction simmering between them, even though they’re quite different. There were a lot of fun moments of humor, but there was a deeper emotional side to the story, too.  Josh has some personal battles stemming from a tragedy that almost stole his life and career. His past and another personal connection he made in this book had me tearing up quite a bit.

Josh was a bit buttoned up, but underneath a sweet gentleman. He did like to have control over situations and was big on planning ahead which made Sara a woman he theoretically wouldn’t mesh with, but she was a breath of fresh air for him. Helped Josh get out of his comfort zone and have fun. He was able to introduce her to some new experiences, too. Very sexy experiences!

Sara was sweet, quirky and with a zest for life and new experiences. I liked that she felt comfortable in her own skin, but as any normal woman dealt with self-doubt and esteem issues from time to time which made her very relatable.

You Had Me at Hockey was cute, sweet, but also pretty darn hot! It was a pleasing blend of sizzling romance, lighthearted fun, and deeper emotions. Now I’d like to go back and read the first book!

4 Stars



 


17 comments:

  1. Kelly Jamieson is one of those authors I've been meaning to try for ages and it just hasn't happened yet. I like the sound of these two sort-of opposites and I'm a sucker for a guy that's reserved on the outside and a softie on the inside. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my first time reading her, but it won't be my last. I really enjoyed her writing! I love those types, too! :)

      Delete
  2. I like the sound of both of them and glad they were good for each other. Fun that they met over her blog podcast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lighthearted, deep and romance, yes please

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the mood for a book like this right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this one and this is an excellent reminder I still haven't read it... Argh! Oh well, I'll be reading it next! It sounds like I'm going to like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a good one and more realistic than some.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh man....this book sounds utterly delightful and it sounds like this one had a sense of realism to it and love seeing that more in romance.

    Great review Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sara was zany, but in a good way, and she really brought out a great part of Josh. They were a fabulous couple.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds fun. I love that Sara is a blogger, and I do love books about hockey.

    lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds like a cute romance. They sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice info, thanks for share, oh ya saya mau berbagi, baru saja saya menemukan Video Viral orang minum Kopi Terbaik sambil simak Media Kalteng trus mau Paid Promote untuk Jual Akik Gambar dengan corak Batik Tulis

    ReplyDelete