Sunday, October 9, 2022

Sunday Post #179

 

The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer book blog, and is a post to recap my bookish and non-bookish things from the last week.

It was a busy week. I got called to come into work one of the days I was off and it's been busier than normal. Wears me out. Especially working on a day I thought I'd have off when there's been so much to do at home.
We're still working on our bathroom remodel. The contractor has done his part and to save money we're (my husband, lol) are painting and installing the wainscoting, and wood trim. He also did the electrical. I think I'll keep him, lol. Spent a lot of time picking out a faucet for the kitchen, and door hardware for new doors. 
I've been planting and the dirt here is so hard! Red clay-like. I've been adding amending soil. I keep buying bags and bags of dirt. The plants are coming along though. I bought a bunch of bulbs that need to go in next, but that'll have to wait until the week after next as we're flying out to Texas this coming Thursday. Long story for next week. 

I want this retaining wall covered with greenery: I've planted Boston Ivy, Creeping Fig, Pink Jasmine. 


My son and his wife are expecting in December! We'll be grandparents for the third time. A boy. Their first child and we're so happy for them! She doesn't want a baby shower, too shy to have all that attention while opening presents and such so I've organized a dinner with family at one of the local restaurants down south in two weeks. 
My sister and her husband are coming over for dinner tonight so after I sign off it's time for meal prep and cleaning the house! 

Read:
Click on cover for Goodreads link



Five books in one week is a lot for me. Granted one was a novella (The Story of Son) but still! Four were audios so I was able to listen while doing chores. Second time through Soul Taken and loved it all over again! After the Bite was a lot of fun. I really enjoy those Argeneau books by Lynsay Sands. Holidays in Virgin River were two novellas which reminded me of why I love the series so much! I started watching the 4th season of Virgin River on Netflix after reading. I've been putting off Luck & Last Resorts because I knew it'd be angsty, but the audio came through from the library and it pushed me to "read" it. Good thing as it's been glaring at me on my Net Galley shelf.


Received/Purchased/Library Lend:



Instagram:

I bought these Chiltern Classics of Emma, Jane Eyre, Sense and Sensibility, and Pride and Prejudice. They were on sale at Target. They're even prettier in person! Now I want to collect more!





How was your week?




22 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're busy! And congrats to your son! How neat. Have a safe trip to TExas as well.

    I do like that retaining wall pic too. and ooh Don't Open The Door looks like a good one! :)

    Hope you're having a nice weekend...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Greg! I hope the Texas trip goes well. Only the second time visiting there. I have mixed feelings on the trip. Will explain in the next Sunday Post.

      Delete
  2. Love all the incoming holiday books. Congrats to your son, and yes your hubby is saving you tons of money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kimberly! Yes, he is and it's so hard to even get a contractor much less one that you trust or isn't booked up for months! Renos are fun and not so much fun at the same time. :/

      Delete
  3. That's exciting with all your family news and activities. I love seeing your yard and hearing about your house and garden plans. I too have the rock-like red clay that needs actual dirt instead. It's great your husband is so handy. I want Open the Door but the book people don't like me but I'll get the audio.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited! Though it's different being my son as opposed to my daughter. I feel bad saying that but I'm closer to my daughter so I feel like her kids are like 2nd generation my kids if that makes any sense. With my son, I love him dearly but I'm not as close to his wife so I feel there's a different connection there, but I don't want to hurt any feelings. Adulting is so hard sometimes. :(

      That red clay is horrible, right?! Sheesh! I keep buying dirt and more dirt to replace that awful stuff!

      See if you can get Open the Door on Edelweiss. That's where I got it, though heavens know why because I have horrible luck on on Edelweiss!

      Delete
  4. Having to work on a day that you thought you would be off is not fun! Congratulations on the grandbaby on the way! That is really exciting. I hope that you have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's not fun going in when you thought you'd have the day off. Still, I didn't want to stiff them so I went in. Thank you, Carole!

      Delete
  5. What a busy week! I hope you enjoy your trip to Texas. And it's very exciting that you're going to be a grandma again. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the news of the new grandchild! You sure have been busy. I hope you enjoy your trip to Texa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a busy week. How exciting to be expecting another grandchild! And not long to wait, either. Those classic editions at Target are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! More of the same this week. We are excited for the new addition! I love them!

      Delete
  8. Good of you to organize a dinner instead. So exciting

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sucks that you got called in on your day off though. YAY for reading five books, that is quite a lot! So happy for you. I adored the Lynsay Sands one too, the whole golf theme was delightful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Really made trying to get things done hard. Yes! I need to request more Ageneau novels from the library. They're so much fun.

      Delete
  10. That retaining wall will look great with lots of greenery on it. I read After The Bite and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's never ending work being a homeowner, but the yard looks great. Congratulations, grandma! A new addition is such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bummer about the extra day having to work, but yay for super-hubby finishing the electrical and paint work. Definitely a keeper! Your wall is going to look lush and great with the cover you've picked out. Hope the new soil filler works out to enrich and soften what's there. Congrats to son and DIL and you. :) Wishing you safety on your trip to TX.
    I got the the Holidays in VR and Very Merry Bromance, too. Book envy for your classics find at Target.

    Have a good week, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The plants are looking nice so far! We've been in the house for 3 years in February and really focussed on the front flower beds to start with. They are all finally set and established, so we're turning our efforts to the back yard next year. Already dreaming of the possibilities! Hope you have a safe trip to Texas! It is my home state, so I hope you are ready for the hot weather we are still having

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not fun to have to work on a day off! Congrats to your son and his wife. Having a nice dinner in lieu of a shower sounds lovely. :)

    Lauren @ www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete