Sunday, August 9, 2026

Sunday Post #348

 


The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer book blog, and is a post to recap my bookish and non-bookish things from the last week. I'm also linking up to The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance @Readerbuzz.

Happy Sunday!

It's been a busy and hot week here! Friday we got to 106F, the hottest day of the year so far. It's cooled off into the upper 90s since then, but still, it's hot! Our son, DIL, and our two grandkids (3 1/2 and 2 yrs old boys!) came up for a visit which is why I've been a bit MIA. Lots of activity! We had dinners with my sister and BIL, went to the pool, went rafting/floating on the Truckee River, and then the local bookstore with a neat kids section and then the candy store.

Very calm waters for the most part.

Kids section in Booktown Books in downtown Grass Valley

More of the kids section

They left on Friday afternoon. Sad to see them go. Now we're recuperating. 
Went to lunch yesterday (Saturday) and shopping at Trader Joe's.


The garden has been producing a lot! We're having a bunch in wraps and tonight I'm making pasta with tomatoes, basil and shrimp. 


1000 Piece Puzzle Completed: Beach Boardwalk by Werkshoppe.
Puzzle 39 of 2026


Read:


A Trade of Blood by Robert Jackson Bennett
This Story Might Save Your Life by Tiffany Crum

A Trade of Blood (Ana and Din Mysteries #3) by Robert Jackson Bennett-5 Stars
This Story Might Save Your Life by Tiffany Crum-4 Stars

It's not surprising I didn't get much reading done! Both were really good, though!

Received:

The Black Orchid by Loreth Anne White
The One Who Walked Away by Karen Rose
The Heiress of Northanger Abbey by Nancy Bilyeau

The Black Orchid by Loreth Anne White
The One Who Walked Away by Karen Rose
The Heiress of Northanger Abbey by Nancy Bilyeau

The Black Orchid was my Prime First Reads pick. Thank you to Berkley, Admiral Road Books and Great Reads Promotions!


How was your week?





7 comments:

  1. Yikes 106 is HOT! It sounds like you packed a lot of fun into your grandkids’ visit, and the bookstore stop would definitely be on my list too. Your garden dinner with fresh tomatoes and basil sounds delicious. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun but hot. Your garden is doing well though. You've got some great reading ahead. Stay cool!

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a nice visit with the family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! That's hot! I'm glad it's cooling down, and it's wonderful that you got to spend time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate summer. Glad it dropped below 100 and did not deter you from having fun outdoors. It's wonderful to spend time with family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that's really hot. We've been having hot-for-us weather, too. I think it's going to start cooling off later this week. Glad you had a good visit with your family!

    ReplyDelete