Thursday, April 25, 2013

Review: Resisting Her by Kendall Ryan

Resisting Her

Resisting Her by Kendall Ryan
Published April 15th 2013
Purchased: Amazon

About the book:
Agent Cole Fletcher lives for his job at the FBI, and he’s more than ready for his next assignment—raiding a cult compound and putting their leader behind bars. But he isn’t prepared for Savannah and her knock you on your ass good looks. At nineteen, she’s too old for foster care and too damaged to live on her own. With nowhere else to go, and against his better judgment Cole takes her in.

But helping her out won’t be easy. He comforts her through screaming nightmares and escaping the lingering fears of her past, but that’s the easy part. Her preference to sleep cuddled up next to his warm body, and her desire to please him in every way makes her harder and harder to resist.

My Thoughts:

There are authors who rarely disappoint, and Kendall Ryan is that author for me. I haven't read a book of hers that I haven't enjoyed and this one was no exception. I was completely captivated by the first page and devoured the book in a day.

What I look for in a book is a sexy and strong hero, a likable heroine, awesome chemistry, and enough suspense to keep me from wanting to put it down. This book has all of that. It starts out with Cole, a 26-year-old FBI agent, who's raiding a compound where a cult leader is suspected of convincing his followers to commit suicide. What he finds when he gets there is, Savannah, a 19-year-old refugee. Something in them instantly sparks when they see each other and although Cole watches the authorities take her away - he won't be able to get her off his mind. He ends up seeking her out to make sure she's okay - but when he finds she isn't, he offers to take her in until she can get back on her feet.

In the beginning Cole has some issues with their age difference and Savannah's innocence. Normally, I would have serious issues with that in a book, too. But their relationship is so slow building that over time, the age means nothing compared to the friendship and love that they build. It's that slow build-up of suspense that had me glued to my Kindle. I was anxious to see the walls Cole had so carefully built around himself come crashing down when he started to realize his true feelings for Savannah. But he also has demons from his past that he's kept buried deep, and they will show themselves eventually. This will cause him to finally deal with his long overdue issues and make a decision that will impact his future with Savannah.

Savannah wasn't the scared young girl that you'd expect her to be, growing up in the conditions she did. She was compassionate and sweet, and surprisingly well-adjusted - her first instinct always to take care of others. When you believe Cole is the one saving her - you start to realize she's actually saving him instead.

And oh, Cole. Such a sexy, protective, alpha male with the sweetest heart. I just fell head-over-heals for him and how wonderful he treated Savannah. He never took advantage of her and fought his obvious attraction to her for so long, always concerned more for her well-being. He always had the best of intentions, even though he tended to screw up a bit - it was never in an unforgivable way.

Lastly - I'd be remiss if I didn't mention how HOT this book was. And I mean heart-pounding, need a fan after reading some of those scenes, hot! Kendall Ryan knows not only knows how to create a perfect hero worth swooning over, but can write a steamy scene that gets your blood pumping!

A truly beautiful love story that I really enjoyed and recommend. Kendall Ryan has a fan in me for life and I can't wait for her next release!

5 Suns



1 comment:

  1. I love a good steamy romance when I'm in the right mood. This sounds like it would be a good fit! I've been trying to find one that isn't about the typical bad boy good girl scenario, and I think this may be it! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete