Sunday, January 5, 2014

Waves of Sunday #57


Welcome to our weekly edition of Waves of Sunday where each Sunday we spotlight a book that has been making waves in the book scene or has simply caught our attention causing a riptide on our TBR.

Today we are spotlighting:
Fighting Redemption by Kate McCarthy
Published December 2nd 2013
Ryan Kendall is broken. He understands pain. He knows the hand of violence and the ache of loss. He knows what it means to fail those who need you. Being broken doesn’t stop him wanting the one thing he can’t have; Finlay Tanner. Her smile is sweet and her future bright. She’s the girl he grew up with, the girl he loves, the girl he protects from the world, and from himself.

At nineteen, Ryan leaves to join the Australian Army. After years of training he becomes an elite SAS soldier and deploys to the Afghanistan war. His patrol undertakes the most dangerous missions a soldier can face. But no matter how far he runs, or how hard he fights, his need for Finlay won’t let go.

Returning home after six years, one look is all it takes to know he can’t live without her. But sometimes love isn’t enough to heal what hurts. Sometimes people like him can’t be fixed, and sometimes people like Finlay deserve more than what’s left.

This is a story about war and the cost of sacrifice. Where bonds are formed, and friendships found. Where those who are strong, fall hard. Where love is let go, heartache is born, and heroes are made. Where one man learns that the hardest fight of all, is the fight to save himself.

Arlene's Thoughts:
I've been seeing some extremely positive feedback about this book lately! There seems to be five stars all over the place. Then I find out that it's a war story about love and redemption AND that it's written by an Australian author... Well... it doesn't get better than that. Fighting Redemption has recently shot up to the top of my TBR. I can't wait to fall into this story that's sure to be emotionally charged!

Rachel’s Thoughts:
Can I just say that I already want to wrap my arms around Ryan and give him a big hug? It seems like he’s been through a lot and doesn’t feel worthy of Finlay, but I can only hope she doesn’t feel the same way. This boy needs some loving! I’m sensing a box of tissue (yes, I’m a book crier!) would be handy with this read. My ears automatically perk up when I see “Australian author” which usually equates to pure awesomeness. Sign me up!

Brandie's Thoughts:
This book sounds so good and with all of the recommendations I'm getting to read it - I bumped it up on my reading list, too! I can't pass up a book that's getting so many good reviews!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a crier, too, Rachel! I've been seeing good things about Fighting Redemption. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete