Monday, August 11, 2014

Review: Take by Ella Frank

Waves of Fiction is not shy around here, you all know that, right? Well when we decided to review Take by Ella Frank on our blog and it came to posting the cover... even our glasses got a bit steamed up!! So in the spirit of supporting sexy looking book covers, but at the same time not getting our blog in trouble, we've decided to give you a link to the book on Goodreads with a fair warning that is quite SPICE-TASTIC! Come on! You know you want to push that button!! 
Take (Temptations, #2) by Ella Frank
Published on July 8, 2014 by Amazon Digital Services
TAKE – verb: to reach for and hold in one’s hands or get into one’s possession, power or control.

Logan Mitchell is a man who’s always been more than happy to take what he wants. It’s a philosophy that’s proven lucrative in both his business and personal life, and never was it more apparent than the night he laid eyes on Tate Morrison. After pulling out all the stops and convincing the sexy bartender to give him a try—he’s hooked.
Now, Logan finds himself in a predicament that demands more from him than a smart-ass answer and his innate ability to walk away when things get too deep.
He has a choice to make, and it’ll force him to do something he’s never done before—take a chance.

Tate Morrison knows all about taking a chance. He took the biggest one of his life the night he showed up at Logan’s apartment to explore his unexpected reaction to the man.
Ever since then, he’s thought about little else.
At first he was convinced his attraction was based solely on his body’s curiosity. But the more time he spends with the silver-tongued lawyer, the more Tate realizes that their physical chemistry is only the beginning.
He’s starting to catch a glimpse of what life with Logan would be like, and it’s one full of excitement and satisfaction—a far cry from what he had in the past with his soon to be ex-wife.

Each man will face their fears as they begin to understand the true meaning of give and take. Their feelings for one another will be tested, as will their very beliefs. But now that they’ve found love where they least expected it, will they be brave enough to reach out and take it?
Arlene's Thoughts:
If I had to rate Take on a steam factor from one to ten... this book is definitely a twenty... definitely! To come across a chapter where Tate and Logan weren't going at it... yeah that just didn't exist in this book. These two were absolutely insatiable to the point where I needed a nap after I was done!

In this second installment of the Temptation series by Ella Frank, Tate and Logan are faced with some pretty stressful situations when Tate is forced to confront his family about his recent change in life choices. To say his family doesn't quite accept their relationship is quite an understatement. Tate's family was absolutely abhorrent and brutal! I could NOT stand them in this book. So, when the sad realization hits Tate that he's no longer accepted my his family, he pushes Logan away causing an emotional rift between these two.

First off, I did not know these series would have another installment after book two! What a surprise!! The cliffhanger is not painful, but is was somewhat predictable. I saw that coming a mile away. I'm excited to read the next chapters in Tate and Logan's life, but at the same time, I hope this series doesn't get dragged out. As much as I like this MM duo (Not quite to the level of Ty and Zane, but pretty close.), I think their story can be wrapped up nicely sooner than later.

Next, see that book cover??? Yes, that's a good indication of how steamy this book is! Not only that, there is a scene in the book that reflects the cover! ~whispers~ That's Logan up against that glass door in case you were wondering. O.O

Overall, I love this pair of characters, and I was telling my reading buddy that despite how much I don't like jealous-y type relationships, the "covetous" feelings between these two seems to work well and add a bit of excitement to their chemistry which is already off the charts. Ella Frank sure know how to dial up the romance in her stories and she's a worthy contender in this genre. All very well done! Love!!!

5 Suns

Crystal's Thoughts:
Oh my gawd I need a cold shower!  The first book in this series was hot but my goodness the author kicked it up about 1000 notches!  I didn't know that was possible!!  This book was 80% steamy scenes and yes I loved every minute of it!

Ty and Logan have decided to see where this relationship takes them.  They are both in it so deep even though they haven't voiced it to each other.  The complications come from all sides and this new relationship definitely had its fair share of stresses.  Just when you thought things might be okay they would get thrown a curve ball and the biggest curve ball was Ty's family.  It was so heartbreaking to see what he went through, but I cheered when he chose love.  I know that wasn't an easy decision, but Logan deserves someone who will stand up for him so yes I happy cried when Ty told him his choice.

These two guys are hot with a capital H!  What I loved the most though was their hidden moments.  The cabin scenes were phenomenal and I just fell in love with these two all over again.  And oh my the jealousy was off the charts, but it worked for them.  They just wanted to be together and even though they are both hard headed as all get out it was an entertaining journey and very much squeeable.

One thing though this isn't just a duology.  There is another book and well I can't help but wonder if half of the steamy scenes were taken out would the series have ended?  I loved those scenes don't get me wrong, but they were in every chapter.  If they weren't getting it on every 4 pages I would start getting twitchy!  So yes I am invested and I want to see where the story goes, but I do feel a little bit cheated.  I would have preferred to have their story wrapped up in this one.  Of course though I will read the next one I mean they are pretty hot so how could I not?!  I am taking away one sun because of the cliffhanger and extension of the series. 

4 Suns



No comments:

Post a Comment