Saturday, May 30, 2015

Waves of Fiction 2015 Reading Challenge - Team Update

It's time for our Waves of Fiction 2015 Reading Challenge Update!
Several of us at Waves of Fiction started this reading challenge at the beginning of the year. To learn more about it, you can go HERE for the details. 

It's been five months since we started, all of us have made some pretty good progress. Arlene has conquered, finished, killed it, etc, so it's just Crystal, Brandie, and Rachel (me) left.  Let's see what we've accomplished this month!



So I completed five reads this time! I'm really excited because I didn't realize I knocked out so many.  I think "A book most of your GRs flist have read" is going to be difficult. I have a lot of friends on there. Wish me luck!

A book with time travel - My Highland Lover by Maeve Grayson
A book set in the past - Only a Promise by Mary Balogh
A book with a number in the title - The 9th Girl by Tami Hoag
A book with a place in the title - Moonlight on Nightingale Way by Samantha Young
A book that's a stand-alone title - The Alibi by Sandra Brown

Great job Rachel! Only three books left in your challenge. Well if you're looking for a book that most of your GR flist has read, I would recommend Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. I'm sure a majority of your fellow readers have read that book. Okay, okay… I know you've been hesitant about this one, but maybe you'll at least watch the movie with me??? :) If anyone is looking to meet the category of a book that was made into a movie, I would suggest that one!

I finished my challenge last month and had a blast going through the categories. It really helped with picking up a different array of books than what I normally would have read.  This month I've kept up with my eclectic reading choices. One of the novels I really enjoyed was Meet Me at Cupcake Cafe by Jenny Colgan. What a fun book. So if you're doing the Waves Reading Challenge and you're looking for a book that takes place in a small town or another country (UK), I'd give that one a try. Loved it!

This challenge also got me back into Australian authors, which I absolutely enjoy. This month I read two books in that category, including You're the Kind of Girl I Write Songs About by Daniel Herborn and The Guy, the Girl, the Artist and His Ex by Gabrielle Williams. I really enjoyed both of those novels. 

There's just one more category I'd like to mention, which is a book that is set in a college. This month I read The Deal by Elle Kennedy and really enjoyed that novel. So, if you're looking to fill that category, I would suggest it!

Well I hope many of you are enjoying this reading challenge, and we'd love to hear your progress!!

 This month I only completed one category--Read a book published 10 years ago.  I read Storm Front by Jim Butcher and it was pretty good.  It has been on my tbr for forever so I am really glad I finally knocked it off!  Next month I am hoping to catch up to my amazing roomies!! Great Job ladies!!

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha, Rachel, I see Arlene keeps trying to persuade you to read Me Before You. Maybe one day you’ll do it. Here is my progress:

    A book published more than 10 years ago – Unspeakable by Sandra Brown
    A book with a place in the title: On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street #1) by Samantha Young
    A book set in Scotland/Highland: Until Fountain Bridge (On Dublin Street #1.5) by Samantha Young
    A book that’s been on your TBR more than a year: The Last Letter from Your Lover by Jojo Moyes
    A book most of your GR flist has read: Sinner (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #4) by Maggie Stiefvater

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she's determined make me an emotional mess by reading that. I just know I'll have to give in sometime! I'm investing in tissue now. :)

      You've knocked out a category I think I'm going to have trouble with: A book most of your GR flist has read. I have a lot of friends on GRs and they're so varied in age, so it's going to be hard to pin down a book.

      You had a fantastic month, Ksenia! :)

      Delete
  2. Such a great challenge, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete