Sunday, May 17, 2015

Waves of Sunday #61

It’s been a whole year since we’ve done a Waves of Sunday, and with so many books out there and so little time to read, I thought it would be great to start this feature up again to let you know what’s caught our attention and what we hope to be reading soon. So enjoy!

Today we are spotlighting:
Coming in from the Cold (Gravity #1) by Sarina Bowen
Published March 13th 2015
He can't have her. And he can't tell anyone why.

Ski racer Dane "Danger" Hollister does not do relationships, though he keeps his reason a secret. The real-life curse he's inherited from his mother will eventually cost him everything: his place on the Olympic ski team, his endorsement income, and his ability to fly downhill at top speed.

Reluctant country girl Willow Reade meets Dane by accident. Literally. Her skidding truck forces him off the road during a blizzard. Stranded together in his Jeep as night falls, the two loneliest people in Vermont find themselves sharing more than they'd planned. And not just conversation.

Yet neither can guess how their unlikely tryst will threaten Dane's frightening secret and Willow's tentative peace with her own choices. Only mutual trust and understanding can end their pain and give them a hard won shot at love.

Arlene's Thoughts
I’ve been consuming contemporary fiction quite a bit lately, and after recently finishing The Deal by Elle Kennedy, I’ve been reminded how entertaining New Adult fiction can be. Coming in from the Cold caught my eye because I like the sporty aspect to the description. Dane’s a competitive skier, so I’m curious how that shapes his personality. I’d also want to know what secret Dane is hiding and whether Willow will be able to break through what looks like a tough exterior. The premise of this story sounds interesting, and I can’t wait to give it a try.

Crystal's Thoughts
I haven't read a lot of NA lately and I think it's time for me to jump back in with this one!  I am really intrigued by the whole secret that Dane is hiding. I'm one of those people who just has to know everything and it's killing me even now not knowing!  I'm definitely excited to kick my NA reading off again!

2 comments:

  1. I also loved the Deal! Have you read the Hook Up by Kristin Callihan? That is also an awesome NA! I also recommend On An Edge of Glass by Autumn Doughton

    Definitely adding this one to my TBR

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book! Happy reading. Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete