Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Review: Hot Ticket by Olivia Cunning

Hot Ticket (Sinners on Tour, #3)
Hot Ticket by Olivia Cunnings
Release date February 5th, 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Purchase Amazon
About the book
There are things in bassist Jace Seymour’s past that he is unwilling to share with anyone. To cover his guilt and anguish, he seeks dominatrix Mistress V (Aggie) to temporarily placate his inner turmoil. Aggie doesn’t have much use for men–besides the power rush she gets when they’re begging for mercy at her feet–but Jace isn’t like her usual clients. His cool defiance and unexpected dominance in the bedroom drives her to distraction and quickly steals her heart. When circumstances threaten Jace’s position in Sinners, Aggie must help him regain his rightful place in the band while showing him that time and love can heal all wounds.

My Thoughts
This is by far my favorite book of the series.  I knew I would love Jace way back when I read Backstage Pass, the first book in this series and I was not disappointed one bit.

Jace's story takes place right around the same time that Sed's does.  It goes way beyond where Sed's ended but it starts off with his first meeting with Aggie at the strip club where Jessica, Sed's love interest, works.  That is the one thing about these books that bothers me.  The time frame is all so jumbled.  This one wasn't as bad as Trey's story though since this one does happen after Seds we don't get spoilers for future books, but just be aware that when you read these the time frame is a little off.  Anyway so we have Jace who is the rockstar loner of the group.  He doesn't crave attention, he doesn't make a spectacle of himself, and he isn't looking to become famous.  All he wants is to play his music and forget his past.  When he meets Aggie for the first time sparks fly and well so do whips and paddles.  If you loved Fifty then this is your book because Aggie is a domme and let me tell you their scenes were beyond hawt.  Some were more emotional to read but others holey moley!  Before Jace can submit to Aggie though he has to come to terms with his past and his role in his parents lives as well as understand that he is good enough and loved by many. 

It was a very heartbreaking story to read and I have to say that the author did a brilliant job with the characters.  Normally in this genre the male or female always leave and there is some huge make up story, but Aggie never left.  She was his rock and knew exactly what Jace needed when he needed it.  Did they both make mistakes of course there has to be some kind of conflict, but she never left and neither did he.  I absolutely loved that!  I think these two are perfect for each other and it was so amazing to read their story.  Don't get me wrong though, there were a couple of scenes that had me bugging my eyes saying WTF, but this is something that hasn't changed throughout the series and it wouldn't be the same without those moments.  They are rockstars and well I can give them some slack for those moments.  There was of course the threesome that have become standard in this series and I have to say it kinda fit.  With everything going on between Jace and a certain Sinner I think it brought a new level to their relationship that needed it.  I won't say who was the third party in this situation because well I don't want to spoil it for you.

This book was so much fun (a little graphic at times with the word choices lol) and I can't wait to read Eric's story next!  He has grown into another of my favorite characters and I have a feeling his book will be hilarious!

By the way after reading these books if if I was 10 years younger I would so be on the look out for my Sinner!  I can't hear a rock song on the radio without wishing I was younger XD

4 Suns
 *ARC provided by the publisher*

No comments:

Post a Comment