Saturday, November 17, 2012

Review: If I Were You by Lisa Renee Jones

If I Were You by Lisa Renee Jones
Published August 24th 2012 Gallery Books
Purchase: Amazon
About the book

When Sara McMillan finds a stack of journals in a storage unit, she’s shocked and enthralled by the erotic life the writer led. Unable to stop reading, she vicariously lives out dark fantasies through Rebecca, the writer—until the terrifying final entry.

Certain something sinister has happened, Sara sets out to discover the facts, immersing herself in Rebecca’s life. Soon she’s working at the art gallery Rebecca worked at and meeting Rebecca’s friends. Finding herself drawn to two dangerously sexy men, the manager of the gallery and a famed artist, Sara realizes she’s going down the same path Rebecca took. But with the promise of her dark needs being met by a man with confident good looks and a desire for control, she’s not sure anything else matters. Just the burn for more.

My Thoughts
Sweet painful HELL!!! Who ends a book like that?!?!?!? Need the next one.... NOW!!

"We stare at each other and his scrutiny is so intense that I feel as if he's crawling inside me and searching my soul for confirmation I've spoken the truth."

Woah! This book was seriously intense and addicting! If I Were You by Lisa Renee Jones kept my attention from the first sentence all the way to the painful cliffhanger at the end. Jones sure knows how to deliver a dark and erotic story filled with a cast of complicated yet alluring characters. This book blends a perfect mix of mystery, seduction, and intrigue to keep you reading late into the night and screaming for the sequel when you stumble across the last paragraph. I can't believe I have to wait so long for the next installment!

In this story, we meet Sara McMillan who's come across a journal filled with erotic entries by someone named Rebecca Mason. Sara immediately becomes captivated by the painful yet sensual events that unfold in this diary and when she attempts to seek out the owner, she discovers that this gallery director is missing. Eventually, Sara lands herself a job in the same gallery Rebecca last worked at with the intention of trying to find out what happened to her. Sara soon finds herself in the middle of a dangerous power-play between the elusive yet controlling gallery owner Mark Compton and the complicated and seductive artist Chris Merit. Trying to decipher who she can trust and why they each want to control her, only manages to lead her down a dark and dangerous path.

The words Jones commits to page are nothing short of addictive and alluring. This author knows how to deliver hypnotic storytelling that leave us craving for more. I was definitely attracted to the cast of characters in this story. Both Mark and Chris prove to be equally elusive, yet captivating and I can't quite figure out who to fall for and who not to trust.

I have so many questions about Sara and Chris's past, as well as the whereabouts of Rebecca and Ella that I can't wait to get my hands on the next book. If I Were You has shot up my list of most anticipated sequels. Most definitely enjoyed this tale of seduction and mystery.

5 Suns


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful review Arlene. I just checked and found out the sequel doesn't come out until June 2013! I'm debating on waiting to pick this up because I hate cliffhangers!

    ReplyDelete