Thursday, November 1, 2012

Review: Beautiful Mess by Lucy V. Morgan

Beautiful Mess by Lucy V. Morgan
Published November 22nd 2011        
About the book
Warning: contains pet rats, hot YouTube celebrity roommates, and one spurned girlfriend about to get even...

Working in a wedding cake shop sucks when you've just been dumped.

Bailey Frost has a recipe for disaster: one cheating ex, one big glass of liquor, and three well-meaning male friends who think her lack of a sex life is funny. Before she knows it, she's confessed that she's never had an orgasm with a man.

Now Bailey has to navigate sappy couples at work, while her friends are hell-bent on helping her get revenge on evil Craig...by dressing up as werewolves, on YouTube.

And one of those friends-- the tall, shy-but-gorgeous Linc--might just want to help Bailey with that other little problem...
My Thoughts
Bailey Frost works at your typical cake shop helping giddy couples pick out the perfect wedding cake for their happy day. Quite the ironic situation when faced with having to show up to work after just being dumped by her cheating boyfriend. Well when her male roommates and a very swoon worthy friend Linc jump in to help Bailey get over her failed relationship, the distractions they bring add the right amount of steam-factor to her days… and nights.

I truly enjoyed Beautiful Mess. It must be the British sharp wit that keeps me coming back for more. I find their dialog entertaining and hilarious as hale. I finished this book in one sitting and laughed out loud at least a dozen times. Don’t even get me started on the goofy grin I had on my face the entire time.

There was some steam factor… yes, but really this book was more about making me laugh and falling in love with the characters right from the start. I don’t know how the book caught my attention. Oh who am I kidding??? I love PDA covers, but don’t let the cover fool you. There’s some pretty hilarious scenes in this book, endearing characters and not to mention a narrator that’s my brand of entertaining. Funny enough for me to read out loud to the hubby. He laughed too… probably more at my antics than the book, but he laughed.

Well worth the ticket price. Give me more.
4 Suns

No comments:

Post a Comment