Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Review: Losing It by Cora Carmack

Losing It by Cora Carmack
Published October 15th 2012 eBook
Purchase: Amazon
About the book

Virginity.

Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible-- a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.

My Thoughts
Losing It by Cora Carmack was our first Waves of Sunday spotlight, and I'm excited to share with you my review of this novel!

Going into this book, I thought the majority of the story was going to be about the main character trying to cash in her v-card. Oh so very misleading! Losing It proved to be so much more. That aspect of the book was such a minor element that I have to admit I feel the title is a bit misleading. Now the cover... that's a different story. Love.love.love the fantastic art cover we have going on here; and I will say, that's exactly how I pictured the two main characters Garrick and Bliss.

As far as the story goes, it starts off with Bliss, a Theater major completing her senior year in college, going out with her bestie Kelsey. These two have one mission in mind and that's to get Bliss to drop her well guarded defenses and land herself a hottie. See Bliss seems to always self destruct when it comes to guys and relationships, and for that reason she's never gotten close enough to someone to take it to the next level. Well, she ends up meeting Garrick who has the looks, the British accent, and all the right moves, until it comes down to that "moment" and Bliss ends up leaving this hot and oh so sexy guy in her room... without a stitch of clothing and no clue what went wrong. After an embarrassing night of mishaps, Bliss shows up to her first day of class the following morning and oh bloody hell, guess who happens to be her professor? You'll just have to read it to find out. :)

I really enjoyed Bliss and Garrick's story. However, I have to admit that it took me a few chapters to fall into the main character's first person narrative, but I eventually came to really like her and her unique wit.

"The look on his face was somewhere between shock and amusement. He was flabbergasted. That was the best word. His flabber had been thoroughly gasted."

There are a few other characters we get to meet along the way and I feel if the story were about 50 to 75 pages longer, it would have been nice to invest in their character development. I felt Brandon the bartender who had a very small part in the beginning of the story was left hanging and for some reason I felt there should have been more to him than what we got. I liked Cade, but after the awkward encounter, he seemed to fall apart at the seams and despite his attempt to salvage his relationship with Bliss, it never really happened.

Bliss and Garrick have some pretty steamy moments together, but let me tell you... WHAT.A.BUILD.UP!! Cora Carmack really knows how to keep a girl at the edge of her seat, but the development between these two characters and their ultimate destination was well worth the wait.

Overall, I really enjoyed Losing It by Cora Carmack and I can't what to see what else she has out there. Fun and romantic story which was just what I was craving!

3.5 Suns

2 comments:

  1. I loved the book! :)
    I agree, and there's something about Brandon, I always thought there is something mysterious then he'll just pop and do something unexpected. And Cade, he was just so lost afterwards.
    But I love the hilarity of Bliss. The humor was making me laugh at some scenes.
    P.S. There are pretty steamy scenes :)
    And the ending was at its best! I could not have ask for anything more than that! :)

    I'm excited to the companion novel. It's Cade's time to shine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The epilogue was perfect! I like that she told it in Garrick's perspective. Their scenes were hot! :) I didn't know Cade's book was next! Thanks for the FYI.

      Delete