Friday, December 21, 2012

Review: The Awakening by Mary Abshire

The Awakening
The Awakening by Mary Abshire
Published  January 23, 2012 by Lyrical Press
Purchase: Amazon
About the book
She's the only one of her kind. And she doesn’t even know her name.

Two investigators--one human, one vampire--find a young woman among a mass of dead bodies. She has no memories, and nothing but her clothes, two receipts, and a mysterious dagger carved with the initials ‘SB’.

As she seeks her identity, SB realizes she's unlike any other creature in the world, making her the most valuable person on the planet. And the most wanted.

WARNING: Language, violence, and graphic sex.
My Thoughts:
I knew from the description this was going to be a me book.  Paranormal-check, romance-check, spicy-check what more could a girl ask for?!

The Awakening starts off with a wonderful mystery.  We have "Stephanie" who has no memory of who or what she is. She wakes up at a murder scene and well things don't get much better from there.  She teams up with a hot vampire, his partner, and a very spunky shapeshifter so try and solve the riddle of who she is.  This story has a lot of intrigue and mystery.  I honestly never knew  what was around the corner and I appreciated the way the author went about things.  There were a couple spots where I would have liked a bit of tightening of the story and for me at some points I wanted Stephanie to act more mature.  I really enjoyed the relationship between Stephanie and Boss, it was very electric and just what the story promised.

The Awakening does have a few slow parts, but for the most part I was satisfied.  I am very interested to see where this story will go after the explosive ending.

3.5 Suns
 

ARC provided by the author for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment